For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- You know what would be really great? Perry getting a hat trick, Allen getting a shutout, a Lehkonen goal, a win...
- Eighteen seconds in and Winnipeg is on the board.
- So, it really takes Allen a minute to get started, eh?
- Danault answers back 1:22 seconds later and we’re right back in it. This feels like deja vu from the Toronto game. Hopefully, it’s not the same result.
- Anderson just missed the far post, sooo close to taking the lead.
- Instead, it’s Trevor Lewis who takes the lead. Not sure why Mete or Allen didn’t put a stop to that one but ok.
- I’m feeling we’re getting a Lehky goal tonight. I’m also sleep deprived so I could be a little delusional. But I’m rolling with it.
- We may see Primeau earlier than expected. That’s goal number three on six shots.
- Playing for a full 60 minutes is out of the question. Let’s hope 40 gets us something.
- Allen’s not going anywhere. He’s going to shut ‘em down now.
- We’re on the power play. Let’s get this thing going!
- Sure, you can wait until you’re back 5-on-5 but, I mean, that hasn’t been working so far.
- Lehkonen with his third shot of the night. I’m telling you...
- Heading to another man advantage. The first one showed some promise, maybe this time we’ll finish.
- Anderson heads to the box because Nate Thompson is a butterfingers and can’t get a grip on his stick.
- Maybe 4-on-4 will be our jam.
- Argh!! Off the crossbar for Lehkonen!
- An almost fight between Perry and Stanley. Instead they both head to the box. I’ll take that over an injured Perry.
- While Hellebuyck is busy chasing the puck along the boards, Byron sneaks in and makes it 3-2!
- Corey Perry with some smooth moves that only Perry can do heads to the net.
- Which quickly turns into a big pileup in front of the net with Habs trying their damndest to get the puck past Hellebuyck but to no avail.
- Byron almost had his second of the night.
- Allen’s on now and not falling for your little deke trickery there, Copp.
- Perry’s taking on the role of Gallagher tonight whether he wants it or not.
- Drouin with a great chance with Anderson quickly following up on the rebound but nadda.
- The Habs are throwing everything at Hellebuyck he’s so stubborn he won’t let anything in.
- The first period rust is long gone. Allen is absolutely keeping the chances alive with some great saves this period.
- However, Suzuki has a different plan as he takes a hi-sticking penalty with four minutes left.
- I guess I’ll have to save that Lehky goal for Saturday.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Remember all the cycling?
2) Just need to get two lines going at the same time