- Welcome Eric Staal! We like rugged former super stars here in Montreal, just so you know. Just ask Corey Perry. Or Ilya Kovalchuk for that matter.
- Speaking of old and rugged, Mike Smith starts in goal for the guests. He played OHL hockey when Y2K was a hot topic.
- Yes, yeeees. I like what I’m seeing. Just pepper Smith with shots. Sooner or later, the veteran will cave.
- To paraphrase my preferred Georgian singer (come on, we all got one right?) Diana Gurtskaya: “Say it out loud, goals will come. Everybody shout, goals will come. Blow the trumpet, beat the drum. Goals will come.”
- Apparetly, Smith hasn’t played this well in almost a decade.
- This ain’t no normal NHL fourth line. KK is buzzing.
- Mark my words: if your last name is Nurse, you should be caring for others instead of picking fights with Gally.
- Annnnd Gally has left the building. Possible hand injury after trying to redirect a Romanov slapper.
- Feels like 90 per cent of this game is being played in the Edmonton zone. Just score already!!!
- This is a stupid game.
- How much does Edmonton deserve to be in the lead? Zero per cent.
- Fourteen shots against five. Zero goals against one. Stupid, just stupid.
- “When you stop and tame your rage, something’s gotta change. Something’s gotta change”
- Brendan Gallagher is out for the remainder of the game. If it’s serious, we may see Cole Caufield in the big league sooner rather than later.
- Wow, I did not expect McDavid to put it wide from an open position in the slot like... ever. But thanks!
- Don’t be injured now, Carey...
- Edmonton has entered the contest. Puljujarvi hits the post.
- Much less one-sided this period. Unfortunately.
- Perry to the box for... standing near the goalie? Apparently that counts as roughing these days.
- Price robs hmoetown kid Chiasson from up close.
- Yup, Carey seems to be doing better. Thank the Easter bunny for that.
- Power play. Here we go. Show us your magic, Alex Burrows and Eric Staal.
- Come on. Wrong kind of magic, Staal. Eleven seconds of power play naturally did not result.
- Four-on-four should fit Edmonton. Careful now.
- It’s like McDavid has jet fuel attached to his back.
- Eddy to the bx and it smells like another Edmonton goal might come right now,
- CAREY PRICE!
- That save was something else. Did I say rob Chiasson on the first one? What superlative could I use here then? Two pad stack and helmet flying off.
- Darnell Nurse scores with three seconds left of the Habs penalty kill and ten seconds left of the period. Good night.
Apparently goals will not come. At least not for the home side.
- Scratch that last line. GOAL HABS GOAL!
- The power horse strikes again, this time from the crease.
- “Josh is on fire. Your defence is terrified”
- You know what time it is? It’s Tuna Time!
- It’s tied-game time!
- It’s Tomas freakin’ Tatar in the top corner. A beauty from our favourite Slovak.
- Dear momentum swing, please stay put where you are now.
- Perry’s been shaken up. No more injuries, please.
- Does McDavid play 40 minutes per night? It feels like he’s always on the ice.
- Lesson learned tonight: You don’t want to be in the way of Alex Romanov’s shot. With a little more poise and accuracy, that kid could eventually become a reaper from the point.
- Can we get more than eleven seconds on thie power play? What do you say, Eric Staal?
- Well, 37 seconds IS better than 11. There’s no denying that.
- So Montreal has had 48 seconds of power play time in this game.
- I bit my nails down to the bone during that 37 second Oilers’ power play, but the Habs scraped through.
- I love Paul Byron’s speed.
- And I love Josh Anderson’s speed just as much.
- Jeremy Clarkson must love Josh Anderson; it’s all speed and power.
- Victor Mete is made for this type of hockey.
- Mike Smith has impressive stamina for an older guy.
- Next time we face the Oilers, could you be a doll and put that Finnish guy back in net, Tippett?
- Number 41 stops number 41 from being the hero.
- ERIC STAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!
- I’m getting such Kovalchuk vibes right now, it’s crazy!
- Staal ends the game and the Habs scores in overtime for the first time this season.
- You’ve done good, Bergy.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Step 1:
2) Step 2:
1) Step 3: