For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Soooo...Weber joins the long line of players who sit on the sidelines.
- Joining Price, Gallagher, Tatar, Byron, and Drouin. This is gonna be rough.
- The Jets have lost their last 5 games. Let’s hope they keep that streak going.
- We still have Anderson and Toffoli so, yay! Who would have thought that duo would be a sigh of relief at the start of the season?
- I spy with my little eye, an ‘A’ on Anderson’s jersey. I wonder if that stands for Anderson?
- Petry shoots and misses, grabs his rebound annnnd... off the post.
- Nice pressure from the Habs in the first half of the period. We keep this up and we got this game in the bag.
- Anderson is going to score tonight or someone’s going to pay. Dude looks intense.
- A little bit of action for Allen there but he has it all under control.
- The Habs nab the first power play of the night as Evans draws a penalty. Let’s do this.
- This is the slowest power play I’ve ever seen.
- Stastny scores his fifth goal of the season against the Habs with just over a minute left. I’d say good for him but I wouldn’t mean it. At all.
- Alright, time to dominate these next two periods.
- I mean after Lewis’s goal, of course.
- Slick Nick with a dirty goal to cut the lead in half!
- Now that he got us on the board, Suzuki thinks it’s only fair to give the Jets the man advantage.
- An oh-so-so-close call by Caufield.
- Lewis gets his second of the night. Well done, Lewis. Not! That’s right. You’re making me channel Wayne’s World.
- We’ve got ourselves a Lehky goal!! My night is complete (almost).
- Suzuki fans on the puck... but Armia goes five-hole on the power play to tie it up, baby!
- We’ve got ourselves a game!
- Evans with a clapper that was stopped by Hellbuyck’s shoulder.
- He hasn’t had a goal in 35 games. Whaddya say next time you take pity, Hellebuyck?
- Caulfield has six shot attempts in his 6 minutes TOI. Will we see a Cole goal tonight?
- The Habs aren’t letting up on the pressure so fingers crossed.
- Too many Habs on the ice and off we go to the penalty kill.
- Off we go to four-on-four after a stick to Petry’s face. Time to shine, boys.
- Suzuki with a not-so-dirty goal for the lead!
- And Toffoli with an empty netter for the win!!
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Connor Hellebuyck’s nightmares
2) No electric boots, nor mohair suits
1) Nick Suzuki’s favourite snack