For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Cole Caufield is making his NHL debut tonight, baby!
- We’re saved! (no pressure, Cole)
- Caufield makes his debut in the top six alongside Tatar and Danault. Not too shabby.
- Mike Johnson can’t even control his giddyness about Caufield in the lineup. Yes, we all heard that giggle when Caufield took that shot on net.
- This is the most excited I’ve been watching a Habs game in a week. Ok, two weeks. Maybe three.
- Off we go to the power play. With Caufield. Again, no pressure.
- Ohh....now it’s getting interesting. We’re five-on-three.
- The captain opens it up with a vintage bomb!
- Perry gives Calgary a chance to tie it up on their own power play after a high-sticking call.
- And they take him up on it.
- Good Merrill not letting up and preventing Calgary from taking the lead.
- An almost-Caufield goal.
- Hey, Allen. How about a little less rebound action? That’s gonna bite you in the butt soon.
- I’m not sure I get the constant icing plan the Habs are going with, but there must be a method to their madness.
- The excitement from the first period has morphed into yawning.
- I’ve become a fan of Josh Anderson. Can we keep him?
- Kotkaniemi wide open and nadda.
- We haven’t even hit double digits with SOG yet and there’s two minutes left. *yawn
- Toffoli breaks the tie!!
- After two periods, Caufield has logged 11:31 minutes. Third in forwards (after Anderson and Perry).
- This Evans kid is looking pretty promising.
- I’m perfectly fine with no more goals and ending this with 2-1. I’m not greedy.
- Check out Petry jumping in on the play and forcing a penalty.
- Mangiapane with one off the post. Pass me the paper bag.
- Toffoli takes a tripping penalty. Where’s that bag?!
- Eight minutes left. Seriously, just hang in there. For the love of Pete.
- I vote no pulling of goaltenders tonight. Everyone just stay put.
- So, my vote doesn’t count then.
- We won! We won! Whew.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) This was too good not to pick
2) He didn’t score but he sure made the Flames think he was going to
1) Sedgwick needs to work some more magic