For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- So the pattern against Calgary this season seems to be win-lose-win-lose. In following that historic data, we’ve got this in the bag.
- Primeau is getting a go between the pipes tonight! Maybe some fresh blood is exactly what we need.
- Hey, Perry’s wearing the ‘A’ with Byron out of the lineup.
- Anderson tries to step into Gally’s
shoesskates and make his presence felt in front of Markstrom. You’re going to have to be a little more annoying than that, Josh, but it’s a good start.
- Chiarot gets flattened by Robinson and hits the ice. He is not impressed. Deep breath. Remember where fighting gets you, Ben.
- Lehkonen gets called for holding. Let’s see what penalty kill team shows up tonight.
- Chiarot and Tkachuk get into a shoving match after Primeau keeps it at zero.
- Habs don’t let up after killing the penalty and a beautiful zone entry by Tatar ends in Suzuki opening the scoring!
- Toffoli with a shot off the post. Oh, you just know he’s going to get one in next time.
- Primeau is in it to win it tonight.
- That is, until Gaudreau is given all kinds of room and goes top shelf to even the score with 30 seconds left.
- Anderson goes down by Markstrom’s net and a crowd piles on around him. He gets up with a smile on his face. You’re getting better at channeling Gally.
- Lehky rifles one on net and it goes off the post.
- Lucic scores off the faceoff to take the lead. Primeau didn’t even see that one coming.
- A nice cross-ice pass from Staal but Anderson goes wide of the net.
- Gaudreau notches his second of the night. That makes two goals in 3:17 this period. Good thing it’s the Habs turn to win tonight.
- We’re heading to our first power play. Time to start closing the gap. Please.
- Apparently saying “please” gets you nowhere these days.
- And here’s the Toffoli goal to pull the Habs back in!
- What is Suzuki doing? How can you be both good and bad in the same play?
- Romanov looks down for the count in Primeau’s crease after getting a skate to the head.
- Whew, he looks ok on the bench.
- After that nice save by Primeau, Ritchie takes away Primeau’s confidence and makes it 4-2.
- Time for a little four-on-four action as Romanov and Lindholm head to their respective boxes for roughing.
- Maybe the Habs totally forgot that Calgary is only six points behind them in the standings.
- Primeau heads to the bench with three minutes left. I feel this plan will backfire.
- Sometimes I hate being right.
- Make that four points behind.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Just needs better things to look at
2) The new guys needed six, clearly
1) The new Habs sure do look a lot like the old Habs