For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Chiarot is back for game number 400! Maybe he’ll be what defence needs.
- Sixth straight start for Jake Allen.
- If we could just get our best detective to find out what’s actually going on with Price, at least we’d have an idea of when poor Allen will get a break.
- We’re almost five minutes in and the Habs haven’t registered a shot on goal.
- To be fair, it’s not the number of SOG, it’s the number of pucks that go in. Amiright?
- The Habs look like they’re afraid to, well.. do anything really. If you’re afraid of making a mistake and losing, doing nothing will get you there too so giv’er and see what happens.
- Edmondson gets called for boarding and is the first to sit in the box. Clearly, it was not intentional considering the “whoopsi” look on his face after it happened.
- Romanov has taken on the role of Allen’s bodyguard tonight and it’s awesome.
- Our turn on the power play. Perfect time to open the scoring if you ask me.
- Or, you know, we can wait until the second period.
- Anderson driving towards the net can’t get the shot off but he can draw a penalty so we’re getting another chance on the power play.
- Tatar fans on the one-timer and looks at his stick. Obviously, that stick is going in the garbage.
- Allen manages to get his stick across his empty net to stop Tkachuk. Nice one, Jake!
- That’s goal number 20 for Toffoli and we’ve finally got a game going!
- Two posts for Calgary in about 10 seconds.
- Lehky clears the puck to stop the panic.
- Another post for Calgary. Again Tkachuk can’t get it in a wide open net.
- While I’m glad Allen is getting help from his post, some help from his team would be even better.
- Allen jumps on the rebound to keep everything as it should be, if you catch my drift.
- A turnover by Weber and Lindholm’s shot bounces off Chiarot and there goes Allen’s shutout. This can’t be how defence is supposed to work.
- Off to four-on-four we go as Toffoli and Backlund head to the sin bin for roughing.
- Make that 21 goals for Toffoli! AND back in the lead to boot!
- Looks like the goal it going to Armia instead. Don’t really care.
- We won!
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Who would dare get in the way of that?
2) He deserved that assist/goal thing
1) The muse with the pew-pews