For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Ducharme broke out the good ‘ol blender for tonight’s game. Hopefully, he whipped up something good.
- TATAAARRRR opens the scoring 1:17 in!
- And we’re the first to head to the power play after Bogosian gets called for hi-sticking Anderson.
- Let’s really freak the Leafs out and get a power-play goal (cue evil laugh)
- Suzuki was on board with the plan and we’re up by two! (cue real laugh)
- The plan is really working. We freaked them out so much they get called for too many men on the ice.
- Lehkonen manages to get a shot off after powering through with three Leafs hot on his tail.
- This period was good. Keep doing more of this.
- Perry tried a little fake out move but, unfortunately, nobody fell for it.
- The Habs have been stuck in their zone for an uncomfortably long time.
- Matthews you little (pick your expletive). Why he was left alone in front of the net is beyond me.
- Holl gets an Anderson-Edmundson sandwich and they all tumble to the ice where they really do look like a sandwich.
- A mad scramble in front of Allen ends with a relieved sigh. Then immediately turns into a groan as Tavares ties it up.
- Anderson nails it with that speed we enjoyed earlier in the season paired with a beautiful wrist shot and we’re back on top!
- Alright. Time to show Campbell that we’re not impressed that he broke Price’s record.
- Tatar is on Matthews like glue. That’s the spirt.
- So, the Leafs get away with interference, on top of interference, on top of interference, but Drouin gets called for tripping. Mkay.
- Toffoli with a wrist shot that bounced off Campbell and has Toffoli looking for a penalty. Dude, if you can get them to call a penalty on the Leafs, we’ll get you a crown.
- Argh! A pass from Kotkaniemi to Anderson hits the post and Drouin jumps on the rebound that looked like a goal, but alas, it was not.
- Double argh! Campbell puts a stop to a great chance that almost saw Suzuki notch his second of the night.
- TATAARRR starts it and finishes it! An empty netter with just over two minutes remaining.
EOTP 3 Stars
2) Very handy release
1) Nice that the powerhorse got to pump a little iron after hitting some in the third