For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Let’s make the Senators pay like we did with the Oilers — literally.
- Jake Allen in net is the only change tonight. This means, you guessed it, we get the Byron-Kotkaniemi-Lehkonen line again tonight. #PrettySweet
- Suzkui gets a great chance early on but Tkachuk the Torment gets his stick in the way.
- Well, we know Allen is paying attention after stopping that slapshot by Bishop, so that’s good.
- There’s some strong Gallyness going on. I smell a goal coming...
- And there it is! Danault opens the scoring with Gally (naturally) and Tatar picking up the apples.
- Petry heads to the box for tripping Tkachuk with less than a minute left in the period.
- Pretty even shots. Even energy. Habs are in the lead. I’ll take it.
- Byron on the board with a shorty 48 seconds in! He slipped some pretty nifty moves in there too.
- Jake Evans had himself a shift picking up the assist on Byron’s goal.
- More slick moves by Suzuki but nothing to show for it again. I’m going to blame Tkachuk for that too. Just because.
- Allen denies Tkachuk with a quick stick save. This Jake Allen guy is pretty good. I say we keep him.
- We’re heading to the power play. A power-play goal to go with Byron’s shorty would be pretty sweet.
- Slick Nick with another great chance, this time a breakaway, but nadda. We’re heading to another power play thanks to Rielly hooking Suzuki, so there’s that.
- Your time is coming, Nick. I can feel it.
- Habs outshooting the Sens 28-17. Habs still have energy. Habs still in the lead. I’ll take it.
- Kotkaneimi gets a hard hit by Tkachuk. I mean, it wasn’t a McDavid-size hit or anything, just your typical “It’s my job to be a pain” hit.
- A spiffy spin-o-rama by Evans and Perry finishes it to make it 3-0!
- Evans is definitely working on making his mark tonight.
- Gally goal!! Oh, how happy Gally goals make me. Especially when it puts the Habs up 4-0.
- Paul gets in trouble for roughing up Lehkonen (don’t be at it) and we’re heading to the power play with four minutes left.
- Oh Leky. We have less than two minutes left and you take a penalty.
- And Brown immediately ruins Allen’s shutout.
- It may not be back-to-back shutouts, but it’s back-to-back wins.
- I’ll take it.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Leaving an impression in case he has to go to Laval
2) You should have wished for more than one
1) The most fun version