For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
It’s been a while since the Habs played Vancouver, and it’s been a while since I’ve done one of these. Let’s hope we all remember how to do this right!
- Ok, Habs. Do the thing.
- Turns out that having six guys on the ice is illegal. Thanks Vancouver!
- It is really weird to NOT be afraid of power plays anymore.
- JEFF PETRY WITH THAT SHOT. Always a beauty.
- It really is nice to see Montreal looking look like they did at the beginning of the year again.
- THREE THOUSAND games? Wow. Congratulations to Pierre Gervais.
- Please stop playing in your own zone like this, Montreal.
- Toffoli wants a goal. I think they should give him one.
- Actually having a Hab in the goal scoring race feels weird.
- Woof. That Tatar shot had to hurt.
- That was a beautiful move from Byron.... aaaand sigh.
- On the one hand, he absolutely went into the goalie. On the other hand, I’m not sure what he was supposed to do?
- Good kill though!
- Huh. That was fun.
- Uh oh....oh no. Please don’t let that be Carey hurt....
- Well, he looks ok, so I guess there’s that.
- Awww man, almost Toffoli.
- That was a series of beautiful shifts from Montreal.
- And they follow that up with some gorgeous passing.
- That was an interesting choice not to call Petry on that. Not that I mind, but still.
- Lol Perry.
- A second goal would go a long way to easing my mind...
- AAAAACK. Oh thank goodness, it didn’t go in.
- ……I don’t feel like Gally needs to ask Perry questions about being a net front pest…
- Thank you Carey.
- What even were Edmundson AND Höglander doing there?
- Almost Danault.
- Still could really use a second goal from the guys in white.
- The fact that this game is one bad bounce away from being tied does not make me very happy.
- A. Armia just stick-handled while surrounded by three guys, and won. B. Why was literally no one skating after that.
- Should that not have been a penalty? No? Well then.
- Not to be that fan....but shooooooot!
- Oh boy.....I think that went in. Although Vancouver didn’t react at ALL.
- Ahhhh off the post. Barely.
- THAT’s what you call after all that stuff you let go? Really???? Sure.
- CAREY, CAREY, CAREY, CAREY, CAREY!
- Gosh, the last five minutes of this game cannot go by fast enough.
- Please stop icing the puck.
- I’ll just be here screaming with anxiety for the next two minutes.
- Hahaha Button: Nope. He can’t play that way. He’s not smart enough to play that way. Ouch.
- What even is going on?
- That’s icing?? Well, that’s new.
- WHY Habs. Why.
- I’ll just be over here screaming some more.
- I apologize if you were here expecting me to be clever. Or interesting. Cause I’ll just be here yelling in terror.
- JESUS PRICE.
- I just want to reiterate how much I HATE the shoot-out.
- I. Hate. Shoot-outs. HATE.
- As a skills competition, it is endlessly fun. As anything else? Nope.
- That’s the Carey we love to see though.
- Too bad no one on Montreal can score.
- *cue more screaming*
EOTP 3 Stars
3) He can see a powerhorse from a mile away
2) Jack Adams?
1) Two-point effort from the netminder