Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- Carey Price finally has a solid team in front of him. His chance of winning anything is now. [Journal de Montreal]
- Jordan Harris moves up the ranks next season going from assistant captain to captain for Northeastern’s 2021-22 season. [NU Huskies]
- Laval Rocket assistant coach Daniel Jacob discusses his career and his impressions of Josh Brook, Kaiden Guhle, Gianni Fairbrother, and Otto Leskinen. [Canadiens]
- Penguins’ defender Kris Letang defends Dominique Ducharme’s overtime decisions. [Journal de Montreal]
- The Habs’ annual hospital visits may have gone virtual this year, but it was still pretty awesome.
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Referee Tim Peel has been banned from officiating future NHL games after being caught standing too close to a mic that picked up him saying he wanted to penalize the Nashville Predators early in the game. [CBC]
- What the Peel incident tells us about “game management”. [Sportsnet]
- Bobby Plager, an original member of the St. Louis Blues, died in a car crash on Tuesday. [Sportsnet]
- Profiling Kate Madigan, the Executive Director of Hockey Management and Operations with the Devils Organization. [NHL]
- Acquiring a defenceman before the NHL Trade Deadline could be top priority for Flyers GM Chuck Fletcher. [NHL]
- On March 24, 1996, Mike Legg scored one of the most iconic goals of all-time.