For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- One word, just one word, “Revanche!”
- Okay, it’s reverse retro night, so we know how this ends.
- Garry Galley just confirmed he reads Eyes on the Prize after responding to Matt Drake’s excellent article with a segment on Weber stepping up on the offensive blue line.
- A good shift by Lehkonen, and the Moomin line, draws a penalty and Montreal gets the chance with the man advantage.
- Suzuki with a replay from last night. 1-0 good guys!
- Romanov looks good, I mean he always looks good, but he looks to be everywhere tonight.
- I have cinnamon rolls.
- Just like yesterday, Montreal leaves the first period play in the locker room, and the bad guys score.
- Kulak to the box, no surprise there.
- 2-1, Vancouver.
- Mete all alone with Holtby, but no goal.
- Lehkonen tries to break through.
- TUNA!!!!! 2-2! (on a delayed call).
- That whole shift brought all kinds of hurt to Vancouver, the delayed call and then Tomas Tatar’s goal. Great work by all five players.
- Joel Edmundson did something I didn’t expect, he scores! 3-2, good guys!
- I am out of cinnamon rolls.
- Same start to the third, as the second... 3-3...
- ... okay, can Montreal start playing again? 4-3 - bad guys, that took like half a minute.
- Every Gally goal is a good goal! We are tied again!
- I have started to drink something stronger; just remember kids, don’t drink and drive.
- Kotkaniemi, Drouin and Petry - I guess someone else reads Eyes on the Prize too.
- Player with most touches in overtime, Carey Price. It’s like watching an Italian football team playing in the 80’s.
- Opening salvo, both shooter scores.
- Both goalies saves in the second stanza.
- Shootout continues as Suzuki and Horvat misses.
- This will go on forever...
- It really will... Great save by Price.
- Tatar wins it with a great move.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) And it’s super effective
2) Quite right
1) And lo! the Shootout Shania meme was born