For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Lehkonen is scratched again. Not cool, Ducharme. Not cool.
- Nice early shot by a speedy Drouin. This could be a good sign.
- A penalty given to Vancouver for Suzuki falling down but sure, that works.
- Ouch. Myers receives a puck to the knee after a Toffoli slapshot and is down for the count. It wasn’t a Weber slapshot so at least his knee isn’t shattered.
- So, Toffoli’s plan tonight is to take out the Canucks one by one.
- A power-play goal by Perry and we’re on the board less than five minutes in!
- Allen may not be making any fancy saves but he’s making some damn good ones.
- A fantastic fast last minute and a half by the Habs. Keep the speed up and this game could be fun.
- Drouin is looking hella good out there tonight. Flying down the ice and letting shots rip. Next up, a goal.
- I meant for Drouin, not you Gaudette.
- Oh for...
- Allen is still looking for the puck that’s long slid past him and sitting quietly in the net.
- I’d like the first period Habs back, please and thank you.
- You know it’s bad when even Petry is starting to look scattered.
- The Canucks took the energy that the Habs ended the first period with and super-sized it.
- WTH Weber?!
- Let’s just forget the next seven minutes and skip to the third. We usually do pretty good there.
- A nifty scoring chance by Romanov draws a penalty. Now would be a good time to tie it up, fellas.
- Toffoli-Drouin-Anderson. This could be something.
- See pre-game notes.
- Gallagher tries to get something going right out of the gate. But the only thing that got going was Demko’s net when it got knocked off and slid into the boards.
- This is just sloppy all around now.
- Hey Toffoli, it’s time for a goal.
- As if things weren’t bad enough, Kotkaniemi heads to the box for high sticking.
- Oh hey! Our turn for a power-play run. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
- We’re now 6-on-4 with one minute left. If we can’t score here let’s just call it a season.
- Suzuki immediately ties it up!
- And we’re going to OT. Oh boy...
- Anderson with a breakaway but it’s overtime so, of course, that means nothing.
- Miller ends the game instead.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Still more points than the Leafs got
2) A different kind of wings
1) We will never know