For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Lehkonen is FINALLY back!
- Price is starting.
- All is good.
- A minute in and Drouin gets thrown in the sin bin. This is not comforting.
- Nobody knows what you’re doing, Armia.
- Monahan is first on the board because that’s exactly how this period is going.
- Midway through the first and Calgary have four times as many shots as Montreal (11-2).
- Can we just fast-forward to the next period?
- Price puts a stop to Gaudreau’s breakaway. Now we’re talkin’!
- And Monahan gets another one past Price while Gallagher sits in the box for slashing.
- Maybe you can start calling penalties against the Flames this time, hey refs? You know, to make up for all the ones you missed during the first period.
- Two back-to-back checks from Anderson and Kotkaniemi to start the period. I have a better feeling about this.
- Gaudreau soccer kicks the puck in and it’s quickly waved off. Whew.
- Not to harp on SOG, but we’re almost halfway through the second and the Habs haven’t even hit double digits yet.
- Calgary has though and shot number 23 makes it 3-0.
- Can we do daylight saving early and jump forward an hour now?
- Habs head to their second power play of the period. I think the refs are starting to pity us.
- After a bogus tripping call on Gallagher, it’s now four-on-four so there goes that theory.
- Drouin and Petry say enough of this foolishness and we’re finally on the board!
- What the hell was that? Drouin trips and Perry and Suzuki crash into each other?! Did I accidentally turn on The Three Stooges?
- Petry almost gets another one.
- Suzuki heads to the room after the collision with Perry.
- With 14 minutes left, the Habs are finally picking up speed. And yes, shots on goal.
- Suzuki’s back.
- And gets nailed in the numbers by Backlund. Rough game for Suzuki. Hell, rough game for all of us.
- And in case you’re wondering, no there was no penalty called on the hit.
- And in case you’re wondering, no picking up the shots on goal tally didn’t make a difference.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) We all need a helping of puppies after that performance
2) At least the sound wasn’t as grating as the picture
1) Better make that two helpings of puppies