Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- Cole Caufield was named first star of the week in the Big Ten conference making it the second week in a row he landed in the Big Ten Weekly Three-Star. [RDS]
- Brendan Gallagher said there’s no extra pressure on games against the Canucks and Flames and that it’s going to be fun battling for points in the tight North Division. [TSN]
- The Canadiens have played seven games into overtime and the shootout and have come away with a big fat zero. It’s time for a new shootout selection. [The Hockey Writers]
- Alex Burrows’ passion, experience and clear messages are what’s helping the Canadiens find their way on the power play. [Sportsnet]
- Listen to Ken.
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Categorizing the rumoured candidates who are believed to be available on some level, on or before the April 12th trade deadline, into various tiers. [Sportsnet]
- The NHL and Disney have agreed to a seven-year deal that will bring games to streaming platforms. [Edmonton Journal]
- The Vancouver Canucks reflect on how the pandemic has changed life, one year later. [Sportsnet]
- Dante Fabbro of the Nashville Predators has been suspended two games for elbowing Carolina Hurricanes’ Brock McGinn. [Sportsnet]
- #TBT at its best.