For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- England vs Scotland (rugby), Leksand vs Frölunda (with Mattias Norlinder) and an early Canadiens game, I don’t know how to handle this... Mrs Zeb is handling it with bubbly and a good movie in the other room.
- To no-ones surprise Jake Allen gets the start.
- After about two seconds the plexiglas falls down in the Tire Fire Centre.
- Gallagher draws a penalty on Brännström (the trade bait).
- Glove by Petry on the blue line, who strikes the puck perfectly for the opening goal.
- Petry has been ubiquitous through out the early season for Montreal. Norris contender for sure.
- Romanov to the box, for a weak call...
- Important stick from Toffoli on that box play.
- Bad guys score...
- Another power play, but no goal.
- SCOTLAND WINS at Twickenham for the first time since 1983!
- Good pressure from Montreal in the first five minutes of the middle stanza.
- Gallagher to the box.
- Tkachuk is a pest.
- Somehow Montreal manages to kill off that penalty.
- Another penalty for the Canadiens.
- That’s not nice by Kulak. Even if Stützle is low, no need for a high stick/cross check move.
- Suzuki to Toffoli, but the later heels it.
- Tkachuk is a pest.
- The last 13 minutes of the were just bad.
- Josh Anderson with his eight goal of the season, after a double rebound.
- Petry, goes down, I’m holding my breath.... he is up again, all clear.
- Bad, big hit on Evans...
- ... who goes to the dressing room.
- Of course it was a no call, and won’t be a suspension either.
- Who saved that? Because it didn’t look like it was Jake Allen.
- Chiarot to the box with about four minutes to go.
- Holding on someone in red, after Suzuki and company has punished the Ottawa defence on the power kill.
- Evans back on the ice, at least that’s good, but it also means that DOPS will have no need to check the hit.
- Evans with a big save with 13 seconds left.
- 2-1 Good guys, but what a bad game.
- Ottawa will be this year’s Detroit
EOTP 3 Stars
3. This is Montreal’s version of the headshot
2. He’s really making his case so far
1. Let the record show that Druzukison comes up with the game-winning goal