For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- As always, Montreal does it right with a pre-game nod to Shea Weber for playing 1000 games in the NHL
- Reverse retro night and the boys are looking SHARP
- Nice start to the game with Tatar getting a few looks
- Still weird to see Chucky in that uniform
- Ten minutes into the first and the Habs haven’t scored yet. I’m worried.
- Top line going to work and Gallagher is able to bang one home - Habs up 1-0
- Carey weirdly seems to be having some trouble playing the puck tonight
- Josh Anderson: good at hockey
- Ottawa scores.
- Ottawa scores again, this time on the PP
- Sens up 2-1 after the first
- Tommy Tatar Tots having himself a game
- Sens score. Burn these jerseys and never wear them again.
- Murray actually looking solid tonight for the first time this season which absolutely figures
- Romanov laying the body on Chabot and a scuffle ensues, Habs to the PP
- Anderson takes a hit and is slow to get to the bench. Holding my breath
- Perry takes a puck to the wrist and heads to the room
- Sens up 3-1 after two, Let’s just forget that period ever happened
Alexander Romanov with the big hit on Thomas Chabot. Nick Paul goes after him and takes the only penalty. pic.twitter.com/3Ufrosmzu6— Jared Book (@jaredbook) February 5, 2021
- Anderson not on the bench to start the third
- Drouin heads down the tunnel now. FML. What is happening!?
- Sloppy, sloppy play
- Perry tries to strike something up by taking on Gudbranson. Perry a little worse for wear and heads to the room to get cleaned up
- Benny goes for four minutes for a high stick
- JOSH ANDERSON SHORT HANDED
- Tatar gets called for boarding and that’s it for the night
- Final score: 3-2 Sens
EOTP 3 Stars
3. Does that still count as depth?
2. We all miss Elias Pettersson
1. Back to the chalkboard