For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Hello and welcome to a 4am start time!! It would be nice if Montreal had more than one early game a year on the weekends.
- Jeff Petry plays his 700th NHL game tonight.
- Romanov hits the post!
- This is a good start of the game from the team in white.
- The Tsar looks good today.
- Didn’t Romanov get called for playing without a helmet, other teams players suddenly get away with it.
- Kulak tries to keep the puck in, and destroys someones stick.
- That was a very good 0-0 period from Montreal.
- Jets Power Play, Weber to the box.
- The Jets hits the bar, in a good way for Montreal.
- Petry almost hits his own net via Chiarot’s skate.
- Romanov hits the bar, in a bad way for a Saturday night....
- Niku to the box, a period too late.
- Petry to the box, yes, it’s that kind of power kill.
- Another penalty, this is the team we have learned to love, and the refs has learned to hate.
- Byron on the penalty kill is a skating clinic.
- ... and Ehlers scores.
- Power play for Montreal, Dubois hits Kotkaniemi in the face with a shoulder.
- Is it too early to start drinking at 5.34 am? Asking for a friend.
- SUZUKI EVEN THINGS UP!
- Gallagher really should have gotten that into the net.
- Nathan Beaulieu and Gallager shares some pushes.
- Montreal is pushing play, but the need to score too.
- Four-on-two and the puck ends up at Weber’s stick.
- Montreal has double the shots of Winnipeg, but it’s still tied in goals.
- Five minutes left in regulation.
- Implosion at the start, but somehow the puck stays out...
- ... but the Jets scores seconds later.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) The power play desperately needs that shot
2) What a game for the Tsar!
1) Minus the overtime personnel decision...