For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Another Lehkonenless game? I’m already not impressed.
- Batherson scoring less than two minutes in is not making it any more impressive.
- I’m completely lost as to what the Habs game plan is here. And it looks like I’m not the only one.
- Anderson with the best attempt so far. Maybe we’re starting to get something going.
- Perhaps a little too zealous as Kotkaniemi gets called for charging.
- Holy Price!! Now THAT’s what I’m talking about.
- And the penalty kill team takes the wind out of my sails as Bratty Tkachuk makes it 2-0.
- Well, we saw what the penalty kill unit can do. Let’s see what the power play has to offer.
- Woah! No messing around as Chiarot and Tkachuk start throwing punches after Chiarot throws a check. Chiarot heads to the room to tend to his bloody nose.
- A goal! The captain is on the board!
- And Anderson gets a penalty just as the period ends. Literally.
- Starting the second short-handed. Mmmhmm...
- Tkachuk gets a hard stick to the face that draws blood. Karma for bloodying up Chiarot’s handsome nose.
- As satisfying as it is, the move sends Weber to go hang with Anderson in the box for a double minor. ‘Cause that’s how this night is going.
- Oh look, another power-play goal.
- You know what we could use right about now? Some Lehky spirit.
- It may be 3-1, but if Price wasn’t playing as well as he is, it would be a whole different kind of bloodshed out there.
- Drouin narrows the gap!
- Weber makes up for his big whoopsie and with an old-school Weber bomb to tie it up!
- What is this strange feeling bubbling inside me? It’s hope! Or gas.
- We’re heading to the power play. Let’s lock it up and call it a night.
- Or not.
- Anderson with another great shot. I mean, not so great that it got past Murray.
- Toffoli breaks out some sweet moves and we’re in the lead!
- We just have to keep it for the next 11 minutes.
- I’m sorry. Did I say 11 minutes or one minute?
- Chiarot blasts it in from the point and off Gallagher with two seconds left!!
- Let’s drag this out a bit more with a challenge, shall we?
- No goal. Are you freaking kidding me?! Murray had time to go grab a coffee, come back, and get reset after Gallagher
touchedwas pushed into him.
- Oh good. Overtime. Because that worked so well last time.
- At least we’re out of our zone this time.
- Before we start... Murray, are you all set?
- Tkachuk misses. That’s a bonus right there.
- But his teammates don’t miss.
EOTP 3 Stars
1. That is all