For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Remember Monday night? That was a whole lotta fun. Let’s do that again.
- This is Weber’s 1000th NHL game. I think that’s cause for celebration so let’s do this up right and see a big ‘ol Weber bomb. I’d let that one slide past if I were you, Demko.
- We have a goalie switch up tonight. Hey, Demko, did you know that Allen has a 1.68GAA? Just sayin’.
- Rumour has it that Josh Anderson has roadrunner in his blood.
- A little 5-on-3 the Habs. Perfect time to open the scoring, fellas.
- Five-on-four is a good time too...
- I’ll also take a 5-on-5 goal.
- Anderson (aka Big Roadrunner) hears my plea and opens the scoring.
- No rest for the wicked! Big Roadrunner also has eagle eyes as he notches his second of the period on his very next shift!
- Roussel heads to the box after a knee-on-knee hit on Petry. Low blow dude. Low blow.
- Vancouver gets on the board. No biggie. Allen only let one in last time. That’s your one.
- Gallagher so close to getting back the two-goal lead.
- Allen robs Horvat. I told you. One is all you get. Just give up now.
- Drouin is the first to give the Canucks a power play.
- Time for a little four-on-four after Lehkonen draws a penalty to even it up. Well played, Lehky.
- Toffoli continues his assault on the Canucks as he notches his 7th goal of the season... against Vancouver that is.
- Yes, I asked for a Weber bomb. I didn’t realize I had to specify that I didn’t want it to go through Gally.
- He may not have pretty breakaway goals, but Toffoli just broke out a highlight-reel backhand goal to notch his second of the period.
- Anderson with a pair in the first period. Toffoli doubled-up the second. Who wants to take on the third?
- Hmmm... I thought we had an agreement that one goal was all they get, Allen.
- Oh boy. We’re giving them another power play after that? Don’t get too cocky.
- I love Gally’s tenacity but man, oh, man, Lehky is right there with him.
- Both Anderson and Toffoli are looking to pick up a hatty to finish this game off. I’m not picky. I’ll take either one.
- Allen’s really having to work to keep this a 4-2 game in these final two minutes.
- Uh, 42 seconds left and Vancouver pushes one through thanks to the ref not blowing a whistle.
- Just to get back at them, Petry gets an empty-netter to end with a two-goal lead.
- That was just as fun as Monday’s victory.
EOTP 3 Stars
3. Merriam-Webster is monitoring
2. Hair Toffoli
1. This one’s for punkster III