For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Ok, guys. You have one week off after tonight. Let’s muster up a win, shall we?
- Tatar is a health scratch. Hmmm...
- We have the Finnish line. Whoot-whoot!
- Ugh...Marner’s the first one on the board less than four minutes in.
- Maybe Julien accidentally said Tatar was a healthy scratch but meant to say Danault then he couldn’t take it back.
- A frenzied pileup in front of Anderson is the most interested the Habs have looked so far this period.
- Toffoli is the first one to make a trip to the sin bin. Let’s hope our penalty kill is better than the Leafs’ power play tonight.
- That was the slowest, least satisfying two-on-one I have ever seen.
- Seriously, what has spooked the Habs since their onslaught on Vancouver?
- Lehkonen goes for his second attempt of the night. A Lehky goal would be nice.
- Any Habs goal would be nice.
- Let’s step on the gas a bit, fellas. Where’s the Habs speed that messes with opponents' heads?
- Apparently, the Habs are the best second-period team in the league. So... any minute now.
- Mete has been the most solid player so far. Maybe he should do the second-period intermission pep talk.
- This is it. You have 20 minutes left to dig deep and find that team we were enjoying (a lot) two weeks ago.
- I don’t even want to imagine what the score would be if Price wasn’t doing his part tonight.
- A goal! We’ve got a goal!!
- The Gally-Danault-Toffoli line gives us some hope.
- Looks like Mete’s locker room speech lit a fire under everyone. Sprinkle in a little Gally spirit and this thing might actually go our way.
- A GALLY GOAL for the win!
EOTP 3 Stars
3. I’m sure Hard_Habits is pleased this comment aged very poorly
2. With a little mint garnish
1. Valentine’s Day is saved!