For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Sooo....we may be without Suzuki, Drouin and Gallagher tonight.
- Because that’s just what we need.
- Gally and Suzuki are in! I’m already counting this as a win.
- Kulak takes a puck to the face and heads to the bench to get cleaned up.
- Four turnovers so far for Vegas. Let’s hope the Habs are hungry for some turnovers.
- Holy pressure, Batman! I don’t know where that came from but that feels pretty promising.
- Shots are 12-0 for the Habs halfway through. I’m telling you, I have a good feeling about this.
- A good ol’ fashioned Gallagher pile-up in front of the net. However, punching him in the back of the head is totally unnecessary.
- This brings us to four-on-four as Gallagher and Hague both get thrown in the box for roughing.
- Hey, look! Gally drew a penalty. So, it is possible.
- Suzuki sits in wait and opens the scoring with a power-play goal!
- I knew there was a reason I was happy that Gallagher and Suzuki suited up tonight.
- Toffoli follows it up with goal number two!
- Starting the period on the power play as Roy gets called for tripping Petry 20 seconds in.
- No call on holding Evans but a delay of play call on Chiarot and...
- ...Vegas is on the board.
- Shots are 25-5 for the Habs with 10 minutes left. Gotta say, my mind is kinda blown by that fact.
- And Marchessault ties it up. Sigh.
- Not two minutes later, Coghlan follows it up with a power-play goal. Double sigh.
- Which Habs team will show up for this period, I wonder? I vote for first period Habs.
- Gally draws another penalty? Wow, what kind of upside-down world is this?
- Suzuki lying in wait again but he’s a little to far behind the goal line this time.
- Pietrangelo heads to the bench after being on the receiving end of a Romanov hit.
- We have five minutes left. You know what would be absolutely fantastic? That those 35 shots on goal will result in a win.
- Lehky and Leschyshyn both head to their respective corners for wrestling, roughing, who knows. There was a headlock involved.
- Allen is pulled and Stephenson easily... like, very easily... immediately gets an empty-netter.
- Let’s add another empty-netter, just because.
- And that’s that.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Alex Pietrangelo has a real issue with the young defenceman
2) You’re going to have to up your offer
1) Sanity Savings Time