For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- The last time the Habs took on the Red Wings it was on home turf and I was on TSM. And we won.
- If there’s another perfect storm, we’re taking home another win tonight.
- Gallagher and Petry are in! During a normal season that would be a sigh of relief. This season it’s “hopefully it helps”.
- Anderson’s already making sure Nedeljkovic’s awake.
- SUZUKI is first on the board!! Here we go.
- Ouch! Drouin gets a puck to the side of the head, possibly in the eye area, up under his visor and isn’t long heading to the room.
- Please don’t let Drouin be hurt. Please don’t let Drouin be hurt. Please don’t let Drouin be hurt.
- Habs are piling on the pressure — yes, you read that right — Nedeljkovic scrambles but hangs on.
- Anderson rushes down on the wing and there’s the Anderson goal he’s been working for! With Suzuki and Gally picking up the apples. I don’t think that could make me any happier (unless Lekhy got in there somehow).
- Dare I say, this is actually quite exciting.
- Drouin’s not on the bench. No, he’s on the way to the hospital. I’m pretty sure I said please don’t let Drouin be hurt.
- Allen, you’re doing great. For the love of Pete, don’t get fancy. Stay in your net.
- Lehkonen with a beautiful saucer pass! No goal for anyone but boy, what a pass.
- The first power play of the night is going to Detroit after Gally gets called for tripping.
- The good thing is, our PK got a lot of practice against the Ducks. A lot.
- Detroit doesn’t get called for tripping Petry but Savard gets called for a pretty lame interference call? So, it’s like that, is it?
- Gallagher so deserves a goal tonight. His Gallyness is on full display and it’s been missed.
- Now, Gally has left the game after a tumble in front of Nedeljkovic.
- Ok, forwards. Power up!
- Gally’s back! Now that warrants a “phew”.
- Three Habs on two Red Wings but no go.
- Lehkonen and Armia have had some sweet chances tonight. As is the story of Lehkonen.
- Oh, hey! We can get a power play.
- And there’s the Gally goal! An empty-netter but I’ll take it.
- See what happens when you shoot instead of spending time in the box?
- And Allen shuts the door to boot!
- We got our perfect storm.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Let’s just forget about that stretch
2) Speed, a shot, and soft hands? Watch out NHL
1) The rules of superstition demand he do this for all remaining games this season