Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- Carey Price will miss the start of the season due to a “non-COVID illness”. [Sportsnet]
- How long will Jake Allen hold the number one spot as he waits for Price to heal? [Montreal Gazette]
- Question marks as training camp winds down, such as who will be the No. 3 goalie, why hasn't Marc Bergevin signed an extension, and players on the roster bubble. [Montreal Gazette]
- If you are a university student, you can attend a Canadiens game at the Bell Centre for less than $50 this season. [Mtl Blog]
- The Canadiens’ defence is looking pretty depleted before the season even starts. [Sportsnet]
- Dominique Ducharme’s ideal world is becoming less and less ideal as we near the start of the season. [The Athletic]
- Joel Edmundson is also having a hard time making his way back.
Dominique Ducharme says Joel Edmundson underwent tests and they didn't go well. "He's going to miss two-three weeks."— Eric Engels (@EricEngels) October 6, 2021
Around the League and Elsewhere
- The Toronto Six is set to start its second season. [CBC]
- Evander Kane is back in the news, this time he’s being investigated for allegedly using a fake COVID-19 vaccine card. [ESPN]
- Brady Tkachuk remains an RFA so the Ottawa Senators are planning on starting the season without the forward. [NHL].
- For the fifth straight season, Connor McDavid ranks No. 1 in TSN’s annual pre-season poll and is the undisputed best player in the world. [TSN]
- But, who’s the real Canadian legend here?