For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Welcome to the NHL, Seattle. And thanks for creating Starbucks. There’s nothing like a $10 cup of frappuccino in the morning.
- High on life after the win against Detroit. Can it last?
- Send that octopus back into the Pacific, Habs.
- I want Goal Goalfield back, please.
- Christ Almighty. One minute in and Seattle scores. It’s going to be that kind of a night, isn’t it?
- Grubauer shows why he was one of the best tenders in the league last season, when he denies Gally on a one-timer.
- Nice pass there as well from Hoffman. Apparently he can do more than shoot.
- Scratch that. Hoffman scores. It’s just what he does.
- Ugly, ugly goal. But those count just as much as when Connor McDavid dribbles his way past an entire team.
- And The Hoff gets clipped as well while scoring, resulting in a power play for the guest(s) from l’est.
- Seattle back on top. Brandon Tanev, one half of North Macedonia’s finest contribution to hockey, has become quite the scorer late on in his career.
- Gally limps off after getting hit by a shot right in his private area. Oh no no no no.
- Caufield may not have the goals to show for it, but he’s playing well.
- Yanni Gourde makes it a two-goal lead for the Octopus, after another terrible turnover by the Habs.
- Apparently Dvorak was the culprit this time.
- Yup, we’re back down the drain now. 4-1 and Tanev has his second.
- Only three things certain in this life; death, taxes and thi year’s Montreal Canadiens shooting themselves in the foot.
- Ryan Donato makes it 5-1.
- Congratulations Seattle. Montreal just handed you your first ever home victory.
- Nope, Caufield is denied by Grubauer and will have to continue to wait for his season opener.
- Alexander Romanov - Shot Blocker x2. If only it meant something...
- Time for this Swede to get some sleep. Wake me up in May, will ya?
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Maybe that Western Conference banner was a curse
2) You have to laugh at this point
1) Hoff the only one not getting dragged under by the Kraken