For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- I’m not above begging. Please win. Please win. Please win. Please win. Please win.
- Lehky with a great shot right out of the gate. He didn’t score, but he looked good trying.
- Hey, Kotkaniemi! You’re... the enemy. And the crowd lets him know it.
- A burst of speed from the powerhorse with a great shot, but nodda.
- A little four-on-four action. Maybe this will work to our advantage. It’s not a power play after all.
- Four-on-three for us...
- And still nuthin’.
- Gally with a PP GOAL!! This could be the turning point.
- And the Hurricanes are calling for the lamest goaltender interference challenge ever.
- Are you freaking kidding me, ref?! That’s it. I’m going to bed.
- I guess we have to be more specific when we pray to the hockey gods. “Please let us score goals for our own teamTo that won’t get called back”. There, that should cover it.
- Oh good, another power play.
- Good grief, they’re so scattered. They know they’re all on the same team, right?
- Aho opens the scoring 23 seconds in on the tail end of the power play.
- Oh for the love of... thanks for that Svechnikov. Just rub salt in the wound. I’m going to bed.
- Clearly, Carolina had a much better pep talk during intermission than the Habs.
- Caufield with a wrister then sets up Toffoli who takes a shot but... I’m going to let you guess how that all ended.
- Lehky gives it another go, misses the net, but we’re starting to see, dare I say, energy again?
- Dvorak gets one off the post! We’re getting closer.
- Toffoli on the board with a power-play goal!!
- Romanov with a wrist shot. Hey, Romy, where did you come from?
- Allen, my man. There’d be no fighting chance if it wasn’t for you.
- Off to our sixth power play of the night as Svechnikov heads to the bin for tripping Lehky. Serves you right, Svechnikov.
- Toffoli proved it’s actually possible, so let’s do it again.
- Or not.
- How has Anderson not scored yet tonight? He’s way overdue. Usually, when we see this version of the powerhorse, we’re gifted a goal.
- If you didn’t see this coming then your spirits weren’t talking to you. Kotkaniemi scores on his old team to make it 3-1.
- KK, I used to like you.
- Drouin with a breakaway, and a backhand, and sigh.
- I’m really going to bed now.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Getting tired of these one-run games
2) Who’s up next?
1) Just rude