For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- When we last met the Senators they kicked our little bleu-blanc-rouge butts.
- Yes, it’s just pre-season but let’s not have a repeat of that butt-kicking tonight, hey fellas?
- Gally AND Lehky are on tap tonight. I’m already happy.
- Uh, we’re not even a minute in and we’ve got two Sens and a Hab in the penalty box for instigation and fighting.
- Off to the power play we go.
- Off to the power play we go... again.
- Off to the penalty kill we go. Gonna be that kinda night, I see.
- A high tip in front and Stutzle gets one past Primeau to open the scoring.
- Classic Romanov check!
- Twenty-eight penalty minutes dished out in the first period. And this is only pre-season. What are the regular-season showdowns going to bring?
- The ref points at the net. The fans cheer. The on-screen score is changed to 1-1. But Petry’s wraparound was actually not a goal.
- As kids scramble around the net, Primeau can’t find the puck (it’s stuck in his pads), Lehkonen slides behind Primeau to make sure the puck doesn’t go in. Lehky is officially a veteran.
- Petry is having a period. I’m pretty sure he’s been on the ice the whole first half of this period taking shots, laying the body and you know, defending.
- An unassisted GALLY power-play goal!! We’re all tied up after Gallagher goes up top.
- Twenty-one seconds in and Suzuki takes the lead!
- Argh! So close for Toffoli.
- Double argh! Sweet pass from Toffoli to Poehling who’s unable to cash it in.
- Primeau is holding his own tonight after facing 22 shots so far.
- 11 more sleeps to regular season.