For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- The Leafs were just a warmup. The Leafs were just a warmup. The Leafs were just a warmup.
- Hey, look! Montembeault is manning the net tonight.
- Not a very smooth start. I don’t know if we can say game 1 and 2 are warmups.
- Petry scores...right after the whistle blows for a high stick call on Paquette. So back to blank.
- Evans heads straight for Anderson all alone and runs out of room.
- Okposo takes advantage of the man advantage with a wrist shot to open the scoring.
- Let’s see if we can dish out a little payback as Dahlin heads to the sin bin for interference on Gallagher.
- Nope. ‘Cause that was just not good.
- Okposo goes off the post. Like so off the post that the light goes off but close doesn’t count. #Sorrynotsorry
- However, it’s pretty clear that Miller’s shot goes in and we’re 2-0 at the end of the period.
- This period has to be better than the first. Please.
- Interesting, a Lehky-Suzuki-Toffoli line.
- Perreault draws a holding penalty and forces us to watch a power play.
- Caufield with a good shot but can’t get it through.
- Hey, we’ve got 26 seconds with a two-man advantage. Dare we hope?
- That power play wasn’t totally terrible. I mean, there was some shooting. #Smallvictories
- Wideman sneaks in and gets on the board!!
- A turnover by Gallagher and we’ve got a two-on-one heading straight for Montembault but Monty is ready for it. Whew.
- Chiarot’s playing the puck and defending on his knees. Way to freak out the opposing team, Ben. Nicely played.
- Anderson in the box for too many men. Chiarot joins him for hooking. On the bright side, this is the best-looking penalty box I’ve ever seen.
- On the not-so-bright side, Olofsson makes it 3-1.
- On the really-not-so-bright side, the Habs lose a game of follow the bouncing puck all the way down the ice and it’s now 4-1.
- Twenty minutes. Just twenty more minutes.
- Toffoli fighting for a goal, and again, but can’t get the puck past Anderson.
- Seriously, what is this?!
- As Chiarot sits in the box, the Sabres notch yet another power-play goal. That’s it. Three’s your limit.
- Some pushing and shoving as everyone falls into Montembault.
- I guess it’s not for lack of trying. Shots are 30 Habs to 35 Sabres.
- But, everything else was just... bad.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Maybe they’re just doing the border first?
2) If there’s one player to not be concerned about
1) Just need to skip these next six months