For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- I’m requesting a repeat performance of Thursday night. Complete with a Tkachuk smackdown. Thank you.
- No Carey Price in net on a Saturday night. That’s just weird.
- Flames get the first power play of the night thanks to Kulak. Let’s hope this doesn’t backfire.
- As they say, hope is a girl’s name, not a strategy. When you leave Gaudreau wide open, dude’s gonna score.
- You know what might help us even it up? Getting out of our own zone.
- The first kerfuffle of the night results in four players heading to the box.
- That is until Danault joins Romanov and Perry and the Flames get the man advantage once again.
- Allen’s getting fancy now, making saves using Petry’s stick. As long as he’s keeping the puck out, he can use a golf club for all I care.
- The closest call of the period goes to Suzuki but Markstrom is just a second faster.
- Fifteen seconds left and the Habs finally head to their first power play after Mangiapane roughs up Drouin... right in front of the ref.
- Valimaki is the latest casualty of a Weber shot. Thinking you should have just let that one pass through, hey Valimaki?
- And we’re heading to another power play after Andersson heads to the box for roughing up Gallagher. The Flames are being pretty... rough... tonight.
- Remember guys, you know how to score on the power play now.
- We’re just going to keep trading power plays and getting nothing from it.
- Anderson won’t return for the rest of the night?! What did I miss?
- Weber off the post! We’re getting closer.
- What the hell was that?! Kotkaniemi is flattened behind the net by Dube in a nasty way. Like a hit to the head kind of nasty.
- And Weber’s the one to head to the box. Because, say it with me...
- Then Drouin gets called for tripping when Ryan trips HIMSELF up in Drouin’s stick.
- Kotkaniemi is back on the bench, so yay!
- Oh, hey! It looks like Markstrom may get himself a shutout. Good for him.
- The Habs have 31 shots on goal and absolutely nothing to show for it.
- Except for awesomely solid goaltending backing them up. Yes, awesomely solid.
- We have nine minutes left. Enough suspense. Time to break out a shorty guys.
- Allen heads to the bench and the pressure is on.
- Tatar stops the empty netter with an inch to spare.
- But the next shot goes in.
- My shutout jinx attempt clearly didn’t work.
EOTP 3 Stars
3. It’s always an anxious stretch
2. We tried
1. At least the Canucks and Senators are next