Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- It’s only been two games for Jake Allen, but it looks like the Canadiens finally found a reliable backup goalie. [Montreal Gazette]
- Many thanks to Marc Bergevin for not trading Nick Suzuki. [Montreal Gazette]
- Bergevin had high expectations for the team he put together during the offseason, but even he couldn’t have seen the season going this well this soon. [Sportsnet]
- Taking a look at the Habs successful road trip to start the season and how they’re playing a full 60 minutes. [TSN690]
- Cam Hillis is ready to start his three-year deal and get going with the Laval Rocket. [Twitter]
- Joël Bouchard is already looking to have Cayden Primeau rack up the most minutes between the pipes for Laval this season. [Journal de Montreal]
- What goes on inside Suzuki’s head when on the ice?
- How ‘bout that Carey Price?
Around the League and Elsewhere
- George Armstrong, who passed away at the age of 90 and was the longest-serving captain in Maple Leafs history, was the best captain the team ever had. [Sportsnet]
- Pierre-Luc Dubois doesn’t feel any added pressure despite being traded for star sniper Patrik Laine. [TSN]
- The NWHL season is getting underway but commissioner Ty Tumminia has been full speed ahead since October. [Sportsnet]
- Seven games into the season, the Vancouver Canucks are 2-5-0. Is this team good enough to compete in the Canadian division? [Sportsnet]