For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- I would love if the Habs won convincingly tonight, but I really fear that that won’t be the case.
- Are they really trying to call Weber and Chiarot the twin towers? Maybe don’t?
- Already on the penalty kill? Really? You couldn’t wait a minute?
- Elias Pettersson is now guaranteed to score.
- I’d be ok with a Suzuki short-handed goal. Make it happen, please.
- That was an extremely high high-stick. But also maybe don’t let them do that again.
- ….hold on… VAN was on the power play, but the only shots in the game belong to the Habs? Yes please.
- That was a fun shift from the Gallagher crew.
- Why do the hockey gods hate Artturi Lehkonen and Tyler Toffoli.
- Please don’t do this again.
- Apparently the Habs have decided that the NHL season is too easy so far, so they’ve decided to make it harder for themselves BY TAKING ENTIRELY TOO MANY PENALTIES.
- And that’s why you really shouldn’t have taken a penalty.
- Lol, whoops, skate malfunction.
- Pretty sure Price didn’t even blink making that save.
- Please go stay in the offensive zone for a while, Montreal.
- One of these days Toffoli will actually hit the net, and it will be glorious.
- Exactly no one is surprised that the probably-for-the-best crackdown on cross-checks in front of the net doesn’t apply to crosschecks on Brendan Gallagher.
- Too many odd-man rushes against. Way too many odd-man rushes against.
- Dang, Carey looks really good tonight.
- THERE IT IS. TOFFOLI WITH THE GOAL.
- Not to be that person, but SHOOOOOOOOT.
- Oh Jeff...
- Wait....is that...a power play!?? Oh my goodness, it is!
- Oh look. There are all the Toffoli goals! (Also, that Suzuki pass!!)
- Also... THE HABS CAN ACTUAL SCORE ON THE POWER PLAY!
- Oh geeze. Please go play on the other side of the rink.
- The things that are and aren’t penalties in this game are perplexing.
- Oh Paul.
- Montreal, please tidy things up. This is not gonna cut it.
- Another post.
- Shouldn’t that have been a Montreal penalty?
- WAIT, NOT *THAT* THOUGH. WTF.
- GALLY GOALS ARE THE BEST GOALS.
- It is known.
- The plays Nick Suzuki sets up are just delightful. Eventually his teammates will start getting used to it, and he’s going to rack up a tremendous amount of assists.
- Meanwhile, Habs, please go play in the offensive zone.
- AGAIN? sigh
- Habs. Habs stop this. At once.
- You know that thing I said earlier about crosschecks and Gallagher? It’s relevant again.
- Apparently pulling someone down by the face isn’t a penalty.
- That little kick to the stick, fake and shoot was just *chef’s kiss*.
- You know that thing where usually eventually the calls start swinging back the other way? How about some of that.
- Joel Armia is pretty good. Just saying.
- The Habs definitely look like they have more in the tank than Vancouver right now. That whole rolling four good lines thing is already paying off.
- How was that icing. Seriously.
- TOFFOLI TIMEEEEEEE.
- BRING ON THE (virtual) HATS!!!
- MONTREAL WHAT ARE YOU DOING.
- I just want to sleep.
- Gallagher was SO close. I’m going to cry.
- Well, time for aaaaaall the heart attacks.
- Suzuki in OT is pretty fun.
- However, just because it’s fun doesn’t mean I want to keep having this happen.
- Romanov is also very fun in OT.
- THAT WAS LESS FUN.
- Please not the shootout.
- I hate shootouts.
- I hate shootouts BUT NICK SUZUKI DOESN’T.
- They really are just gonna drag this shoot out as long as possible aren’t they.
- I still hate this.
- Habs lose 6-5 in the shootout.
EOTP 3 Stars
3. Gotta love a good rhyme
2. Those were the days
1. He certainly does!