For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Game 1 is in the bag. Let’s really piss the Pens off and make it a 2-0 series. Who’s with me?
- A wraparound attempt by Lehkonen to start the game.
- Price was able to put a stop to Malkin but Crosby is another story. What was with that backcheck, Armia? You’ve heard of Sidney Crosby, right?
- We’re five minutes in and the Pens are up 1-0. Think they’re holding a grudge about Saturday?
- Now we’re getting a little overzealous trying to stop the Crosby line and get called for too many men.
- So, Armia’s plan to avoid a power play is to turn it into a four-on-four. Interesting strategy. Let’s see if it pays off.
- It just may have. Kulak scores but the net was knocked off. Worth a review. Survey says...
- No goal but a holding penalty against Dumoulin. Better than nothing I suppose.
- Another too-many-men penalty. I know we’ve had a four-month break but you must remember it’s five on the ice at a time.
- Disguised as coming to Armia’s aid, Gallagher gets a little revenge on Crosby for the front of the net rough-up on Saturday’s game which draws a crowd.
- Let’s keep that fire going through the next two periods, shall we?
- Solid chances from Gallagher and Drouin. Nice start.
- Tatar and Danault’s turn for solid chances.
- Okay, seems we have the solid chances down. Time to up the ante.
- Power-play time. Now this would be a good way to up the ante!
- Or not.
- Three consecutive saves by Price, while pretty much buried underneath... well, everyone... and still keeps it a one-goal game.
- Price doesn’t want to let any more pucks in, but Murray might. Let’s go ask him.
- After another little kerfuffle, Weber, Armia and Malkin are escorted to the box.
- And just to keep it interesting, Byron joins them for slashing and gives them a two-man advantage for 26 seconds.
- How the hell did they make it out of that mess? Oh yeah. Carey Price.
- Another strong start for the Habs right out of the gate as Tatar makes sure Murray is awake.
- But again, nothing to show for it.
- Come on, Murray. You have, like what, two Stanley Cups already? Don’t be so greedy.
- Zucker makes it 2-0 with just over five minutes left. Three goals in five minutes is doable... right?
- That’s one! Kotkaniemi destroys Murray’s shutout chances. We’ve got two minutes left.
- Price leave the net. Not sure that’s a great idea considering he’s the reason it’s not 10-1, but okay.
- Empty-netter. Mmm-hmmm.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Well it hasn’t been a bad straegy so far
2) Sometimes just a simple pass to your teammate is what’s required
1) Nothing wrong with the man between the pipes