For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- I’m still incredibly peeved about the hijinks from Game 5. Incredibly peeved. #Rally4Gally.
- An all out war is needed in this elimination game. I hope the Habs come out and scare the bejeezus out of the Flyers.
- Step one: score first.
- Step two: don’t let the Flyers score.
- Step three: keep scoring.
- Bonus: make them pay for Gallagher’s jaw (still peeved)
- It’s a three-step plan! If you followed it, the Flyers wouldn’t have scored 28 seconds in. With a tip-in by Weber at that. Chiarot probably feels a bit better about himself anyway.
- But not for long as he’s the first one to the box.
- Off the stick of Lehkonen and in it goes... to his own net. We’re not even halfway through the first yet.
- A Flyer just tried to knock Kotkaniemi off his feet and ended up on his ass. That was fun.
- Almost as fun as when Chiarot knocks down a Flyer with a tap of his elbow like it was his annoying little brother.
- Off to the power play we go. Time to take it up a notch, boys. I know it’s a power play but don’t let that spook you.
- ‘Atta boy, Suzuki!! You can be our spark tonight since Gally’s not here (still peeved).
- Why can’t the Habs control their sticks tonight? Petry gets a high-sticking penalty.
- The good news is our defencemen have stopped scoring on themselves. The bad news is they can’t stay out of the penalty box as Weber takes Petry’s place.
- Oh, here we go with the non-calls again. A blatant interference hit on Suzuki by Gostisbehere goes unnoticed.
- Off to the power play we go. You know it’s not that scary now so let’s tie this up.
- Are you freaking kidding me?! It may not have gone off Chiarot but he didn’t do Price any favours by getting in his way from stopping that puck. You know, since he was practically on top of him.
- Suzuki narrows the gap again! This kid is made for the playoffs.
- Domi has a series of unfortunate events as he loses the puck, chases the Flyer who stole it, gets an elbow in the head (no penalty, of course), and hurts his wrist as he slams into Price’s post.
- Keep Suzuki, Drouin and Armia together and we just may make it to the other side of this.
- You have 20 minutes to really piss off the Flyers. Let’s do this!
- More end to end going on here. Let’s go to their end and flick the puck past Hart. Dealer’s choice on how it’s done.
- Has anyone told the Habs that this is an elimination game?
- Six shifts left. Dig deep!
- KK, you’ve proved your getting pretty good at this hockey thing, so shoot, man. Shoot!
- One of these days the Habs will make it past the first round of the playoffs.
- Well, it was fun while it lasted.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) I’m not going to miss that stick trap
2) The goalie deserved much better
1) It was nice to see 10 games from the future this August