For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Here we are. An elimination game. Why did I sign up for this? It’s a volunteer thing, so I literally have no one to blame for it but myself.
I had zero expectations coming into the qualifiers, and they won. I had no expectations, and then they played a brilliant game and won. So I got my hopes up. And then naturally, here we are.
If they’re going to get themselves eliminated, at least I hope they actually go out with their best effort.
- Ok, so I’m going to say this about the Flyers and their goaltending early and often: Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout Shutout
- I’ll say it again, I wish anyone in the Eastern Conference would acknowledge BLM on the ice in any way what so ever.
- Well. If nothing else, the Habs are awake.
- YOOOO-EL!! Armia with the sweet, sweet shorty. So nice to be on the exploitING end of the special teams rather than the exploitED.
- It WORKED.
- Gallagher: Uber pest mode activated. You love to see it.
- Not so much the penalty though.
- Score another shorty, boys. Atta boy, Nick.
- Come on boys. Score a goal. Someone. Anyone.
- Not you, Flyers. Thank you, Carey.
- Was that offside? Couldn’t tell with all that yelling.
- OY don’t murder Gallagher for no damn reason.
- I take that back. That wasn’t for no reason.
- (Let’s also talk about how KK jabbed Uncle Nate, Thompson turned around and jabbed him back, and then they both grinned like the goofs they are.)
- That was a pretty decent first period, I must say. Now just to improve upon it...
- I supremely doubt it’ll happen, but I will laugh a lot if the Habs traded Thompson to the Flyers to send him to a contender...and then they beat the Flyers to eliminate them.
- Oof KK destroyed him. Definitely a penalty. Not sure it’s a major though.
- Game misconduct? Are you fricking kidding me?
- Fuck that.
- Oh my god, Habs. This game is making me want to punch things.
- Bergevin’s suit is excellent though.
- Furious doesn’t even begin to cover it. This is bullshit.
- (Also, oh god that went off Chiarot’s foot. He’s having a bad period.)
- AYYYYYYYYYYYY. Armia taking revenge for his fellow Finn, and getting his second!!!
- Did....did Suzuki just...pat Hart on the head as he went by? I love that kid. I love him a lot.
- GALLY GOALS ARE THE BESTEST, BESTEST, BESTEST, BESTEST GOALS EVER. #ITISKNOWN
- Get Armia get the hatty.
- SUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!! DID I MENTION I LOVE THAT KID.
- Off side. Seriously. Oh god. Dru, why you gotta do this to me. sob
- It’s ok. Just do it again, Nick.
- I joked earlier this series that Gallagher was “fine”, but the second the playoffs were over he’d get his whole ankle replaced. Forget his ankle. He’s “fine” but they’ll just replace his whole leg.
- Well, whatever happens, at least if they lose, it won’t be because of an absolutely garbage misconduct call.
- Wow, the Habs came out with a vengeance.
- ....guys, you’re only up by one goal. Maybe don’t do that again.
- I don’t know why, but I have a bad feeling about the rest of this game...I would be absolutely delighted to be wrong...but...
- Oh Lehky. I swear, he has the worst luck.
- Oh lord, Habs. Jeff, what was that.
- OH god Habs. What was that.
- HE GOT IT BACK. AND JODRU REDEEMS HIMSELF. Woof that was a pass.
- Oh geez, this is a big power play.
- I was about to say Gally never gets the calls. Except that they’re literally on this power play because Gally drew the call. So...
- Forget his leg, Gally’s gonna need a full set of teeth.
- The Habs live to fight another day.
- DAMN DANAULT.
- What the hell was Voracek thinking there?
- Gallagher grinning through a mouthful of blood is just so Gallagher.
- Game six is gonna get nasty.
- But I’m just so glad there’s gonna BE a game six.
- Habs WINNNNNNNN 5-3!!!!!!!
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Now we’ll never know if the universe had this outcome in the cards
2) I’ll take nerve-wracking over dreadfully boring any day
1) An enviable one-two punch