For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- It’s Carey Price’s birthday. The Flyers have to let us win tonight. It’s the polite thing to do.
- Kulak almost opens the scoring right out of the gate. Kotkaniemi isn’t the only one who seems made for the playoffs.
- But instead, Voracek opens the scoring with a flukey deflection goal. Alas, a goal’s a goal.
- Haven’t we learned that all Flyers goals have come from traffic in front of Price? So...
- What a shot by Kotkaniemi off the cross bar and out!
- Kulak immediately follows up with another post. Did I not say these guys are made for the playoffs?
- That’s two close calls in, like, two seconds. We’re coming for you, Hart.
- But not yet, as Kotkaniemi heads to the box for four minutes for high-sticking and drawing blood on Thompson.
- Well, that has to be the easiest four-minute kill ever.
- Nice play by Lehkonen. However, the result is him in the net instead of the puck.
- Gallagher off the post. Just a little lower, guys, and we’d have this game in the bag.
- Suzuki gets a stick to the face while down on the ice and heads back to the bench. Luckily, he’s good to go.
- Chiarot is just standing there minding his own business and Konecny decides to cross check him in the back. Off to the power play we go.
- Nothing to show from the last power play so let’s try again.
- Sure, why not switch it up and let the Flyers go on the power play this time. Let it be said, that was a lame interference call on Armia. Lame.
- Suzuki hits the post. Because that’s how we’re rolling this evening.
- Enough with the posts already!
- Gallagher is trying to Gallagher-ize the game but still nadda.
- If we can just kick this into next gear — any gear at this point — the game could be ours.
- We’re nearing the middle of the final period so it’s time for Domi’s Domi-ness to show and he heads to the the box for slashing.
- Luckily, the Flyers’ power play is the most boring power play in the NHL.
- Lehkonen with a great shot that didn’t go off the post! Alas, it didn’t go in the net either.
- Price to the bench. It’s now or never.
- Have these teams forgotten that they’re in the Stanley Cup playoffs?
EOTP 3 Stars
3) It had to be tried
2) If only the nets were half an inch bigger....
1) No bonus, but a great day nonetheless