For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Who thought we’d be watching the playoffs in August?
- Better yet, who thought we’d be watching the Habs in the playoffs?
- This is already a better start than Pittsburgh. Price hasn’t faced 17 shots in the first five minutes (exaggeration... but not really)
- Welcome to the playoffs, Suzuki. I’m sure that’s what Konecny is saying during all the after-whistle shoving.
- Drouin must think the game is a bit too slow because he decides to make it 5-on-4 and heads to the box. I don’t have a good feeling about this.
- The good news — I’m psychic. The bad news — I’m psychic.
- I mean, I didn’t predict that Byron would help guide the puck past Price but I can’t know everything.
- Lehkonen is so close to picking up where he left off with the best shot so far.
- Kulak wakes Hart up by creating a flurry of chances but Hart fights through the traffic and keeps the puck out.
- Grant slams Price into his net and was so close to feeling the wrath of Price. I mean, really close.
- I mean, it was really Oulette’s fault for pushing a full-speed ahead Grant, but a blocker to the head is always fun.
- We’re starting with a little 4-on-4. Let’s hope this works out more in our favour than the penalty kill.
- Lehkonen with another great chance.
- Here we go, we’re finally picking up some speed and the Habs start to really pile on the pressure.
- Gallagher’s wraparound attempt rolls up Hart’s back but not in the net.
- Lehkonen heads in for yet another shot all by himself and... gets a flat tire. Fight those hockey gods, Lehky. Fight them.
- Flyers have a wide open net and even though Price is on his stomach, he gets his stick on it and send the puck over the net and into the glass. Ah-maz-ing.
- Gallagher breaks a blade trying to block a shot and scrambles to the bench. If you’re ever having a bad day, just watch hockey players trying to get off the ice with a broken skate blade.
- The Captain gets his team on the board to tie it up with a power-play goal!!
- Well, that excitement was short-lived. Sixteen seconds later Farabee gives the Flyers the lead once again.
- Geez man. You think you would have given us a little time to enjoy it.
- Lehkonen is absolutely due for a goal tonight.
- Time for another 4-on-4 as Domi and Farabee head to their respective corners.
- And Lehkonen’s luck continues as he joins Domi in the box and sends the Flyers to another power play.
- Sure, let’s give the Flyers another chance to score on the power play. Why not, Chiarot? Being just one goal behind isn’t enough for you?
- Nate Thompson just misses the insurance goal. Well, obviously he doesn’t want to score on his old teammate. That’s just being respectful.
- A big hit by Petry, followed by another almost-goal by (no, not Lehkonen) Gallagher with four minutes left.
- Suzuki off the crossbar with 26 seconds left!
- Well, there’s always Game 2.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) And it finally did
2) Saved by his guardian angel
1) This isn’t even their final form