For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Post-season hockey!! In August.
- Looks like Charlie won the backup battle and gets to keep the bench warm this evening.
- We got through the first minute without getting scored on. This is already shaping up better than the exhibition game.
- There’s a line you don’t see often — Weal, Weise... and Domi.
- Danault wins the faceoff against Crosby. Kicking yourself about that one aren’t you, Sid?
- Ten minutes in and SOG are 10-2 for Pittsburgh. At least Price came to play.
- But third time’s a charm as Kotkaniemi opens the scoring!
- Off to the first power play of the series. Time to extend the lead...
- Bright side: That wasn’t extremely painful to watch.
- The Habs made it through the final two minutes without getting scored on.
- This series could have promise after all.
- Well, if nothing else, the Habs know not to leave Crosby to his own devices.
- Chiarot plays goalie with a stick save. Defence. Goalie. Whatever works.
- Another first-time post-season goal! This time thanks to a sweet, sweet Suzuki shot.
- Crosby sneaks one in from behind the goal line and off Price’s skate. Apparently, they decided to leave him to his own devices now.
- Just to make things interesting, Drouin takes a penalty for hooking.
- And that totally backfires as Rust evens it up.
- Bright side: Kulak is looking pretty good out there tonight.
- Drouin heads to the sin bin again. He’s got to be a mole, right?
- Penalty against the Habs right out of the gate. I swear if it’s Drouin again...
- Sure, Chiarot, why not join Danault in the box for hi-sticking Crosby? Because a five-on-three is exactly what we need right now.
- Hey! It’s our turn for the man-advantage. That’s nice for a change.
- Seriously?! Another penalty? You guys do know this is to qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, right?
- Bright side: The Habs penalty kill is working for them tonight.
- Price makes two great saves and how are we rewarded? Sheary gets a penalty shot.
- And we’re still tied. Whew.
- Petry’s shot goes off the post with two minutes left.
- It’s Game 1, why not continue the fun a little longer?
- The Pens try to put a quick end to this but Danault and Price say no way.
- Danault gets called for hooking because why not?
- This power play feels like it’s lasting forever.
- Drouin gets a penalty shot!
- That was... lame.
- Petry finally puts an end to Game 1 with six minutes left!
EOTP 3 Stars
3) It was over as soon as these ladies showed up
2) The pitfalls of hockey in August
1) The hearts are happy after this one