Montreal News and Notes
- A look at the Habs who have the most to play for when hockey returns. [The Hockey Writers]
- What signing Torey Krug would mean for the Canadiens. [Last Word on Hockey]
- Why the Canadiens are cause for concern as a play-in matchup against the Penguins. [Pensburgh]
- The crushing too-many-men-on-the-ice loss in Montreal in ’79 left the Boston Bruins with too many tears. [Boston Globe]
- The free agent defencemen that Montreal should consider. [The Hockey Writers]
- Name a cuter father-daughter duo. Go ahead... I’ll wait.
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Three Canadian cities have been shortlisted after the NHL cut down its list of 10 potential hub cities to six. [CTV]
- Wayne Gretzky couldn’t see his dad in person on Father’s Day this year, but he still made sure to show his love with coffee, donuts and Twitter. [NHL]
- On June 21, National Indigenous Peoples Day, Edmonton Oilers defenceman Ethan Bear spoke about what it means to be a role model for the next generation of Indigenous hockey players.