For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Weber’s on IR. Because, why not.
- Hey, Jake! Welcome to your first NHL game. Try not to catch the flu. Or get injured.
- Price gets caught playing the puck behind the net so Mete crashes into it, knocking it off.
- Clever move or total accident? Delay of game penalty. Not so clever, then.
- Four seconds into his first shift, Evans gets on a breakaway and has the best chance of the game so far.
- We’re halfway through and the Habs only have three shots on goal. Evans has two.
- Chiarot gets called for hooking when it could have easily been a penalty shot. We’ll take it.
- Suzuki with a power-play goal to open the scoring and Tatar picks up an apple!
- That’s seven points in the last six games for Suzuki and eight for Tatar. Have I thanked you lately, Vegas?
- This is Armia’s 100th game as a Hab. If only we could think of a good way to celebrate that...
- Habs head to the power play after Getzlaf slashes Tatar. Can we go two for two?
- Kovalchuk’s line gets stuck on the ice for a little too long and Silfverberg takes advantage to tie it up.
- Suzuki glides by the Duck’s defense and, well everyone, and does a little dangling but can’t get the lead. However, that was very pretty to watch.
- Not to worry, Nick. We’ve got ourselves a Gally goal and the lead!
- Grant goes five hole on Price to tie the game early in the third.
- It may have had something to do with Weise’s poorly executed clearing attempt.
- If anyone wants to plant themselves in front of Gibson, I guarantee a goal. Dude’s big on giving rebounds.
- Tatar is so close to tying it up on the power play but the crossbar interferes.
- Then Gibson robs Armia. Come on, Gibson. It’s Armia’s 100th game. Don’t be like that.
- Three minutes left and Price keeps them in the game with a great save. Flashy? No. Efficient? Hell yes.
- Now THAT one was flashy as hell!
- Petry gets the job done in style!
EOTP 3 Stars
3) That earns the first point
2) And then Petry gets the second
1) Just keeps getting better