For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- So, Ilya Kovalchuk decided to take a shot at the playoffs. I mean sure, if you want to take the easy way.
- Vancouver is coming off a 9-3 win over Boston. Let’s hope they got all of those goals out of their systems.
- Domi gets away with a crosscheck right out of the gate. Perhaps the refs will be on our side tonight for a change.
- Sweet save by Price. Skills continuing on from Saturday’s shutout I see.
- Habs are on the board! Have I mentioned lately how happy I am that you’re back, Byron?
- Weber psychs everyone out then sends a rocket past Demko to make it 2-0 just over a minute later.
- Man, I love this version of Price. Fine, I love Price always but I really love when this version comes to play.
- Weber heads to the box for “slashing” and Horvat instantly scores. How a slash is putting your stick under another players stick is beyond me.
- But calls like that are why the refs get paid the big bucks. They must know what they’re doing.
- Petry gets a blatant high stick to the face and the refs choose that moment to check their Fitbits.
- Guess the refs aren’t on our side after all.
- After taking that stick to the face and it not being called, Petry has turned into the Tasmanian Devil. Throwing his body around and taking out any Canuck in his way. Look out Tanner Pearson... too late.
- Our turn to try the power play.
- Not one shot taken. You know what it probably was? We’re missing Nick Cousins.
- Edler ties it up with his 99th career goal. Pishaw, it’s not like it’s number 100.
- Determined Domi doesn’t give up trying to get the puck to the net and Weal takes the lead 50 seconds in!
- So, Domi and Weal. Who knew?
- The Tatar-Danault-Gallagher line comes in fast and with a plan but couldn’t get it past Demko. The lead up looked pretty sweet though.
- Folin heads to the box for boarding. Didn’t you learn your lesson from the last man advantage you gave them?
- The Habs have 37 SOG. I’m sure you can make at least one more go in.
- A little double-drop pass action between Kulak, Domi and Weal. Again, very pretty but nadda.
- Hey! You know who’s good at OT goals? Kovalch...oh.
- Tiffoli is also good at overtime goals apparently.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) A good third-line effort
2) Getting the job done
1) Staying right in the middle