For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- The first game of the Habs Super Bowl Weekend went excitingly well. Let’s do that again!
- Both teams are bursting with energy. This could be a close affair.
- Lehkonen creates a scoring chance on a one-on-two forecheck. Because Lehks is awesome.
- The Habs are playing keep-away with the puck with eight shots against the Blue Jackets’ two.
- Turns out they’re not that great at keep-away as Gavrikov gets the puck between Price’s legs to open the scoring.
- Now Weise heads to the box for slashing. Because that’s the best way to follow up getting scored on.
- Much better read by Price to rob Atkinson’s attempt at a power-play goal to keep it 1-0.
- Tatar hits the bottom of the post 30 seconds in. There’s a scramble and Gally raises his arms to celebrate a goal.
- Only there was no goal. Not even close. If only simply believing it’s a goal counts as a goal.
- In his defense, the horn sounded and the ref stopped the play for some reason. So, clearly not everyone is fully awake from their intermission nap.
- Except Dubois, who just made it 2-0.
- The Habs pile on the pressure and go in a shooting frenzy but Merzlikins manages to keep the puck out.
- Tatar heads to the bench for slashing. So, the refs are just going to call everything slashing today? I think you mean “stealing” the puck.
- Tatar gets the Habs on the board with an assist from Gallagher! You can celebrate for real now, Gally.
- You’re not going to get “shooting” confused with slashing too, are you refs?
- Have I mentioned lately how happy I am that Gallagher is back?
- Dubois with a wraparound this time with two minutes left. Sounds about right.
- The Habs are really going to have to kick it into next gear to pull off a win. Merzlikins is being a real pain and not letting any shots through.
- I mean, they’re trying...
- Columbus is making this pretty annoying now actually.
- We’re heading to the power play with 6:47 left. Now’s our chance.
- Domi didn’t want no stinking power-play goal! Going short side it’s a one-goal game with four minutes left!
- And the hope is gone with a giveaway and an empty-netter by Nyquist.
- Wait!! There’s still hope. One minute left and Weber makes it a one-goal game once again!
- Okay, now hope is gone.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Three goals on the league’s hottest goalie? Voodoo does its magic again.
2) One day he may even be good enough to replace Cousins on the power play.
1) That’s a good takeaway to end this day on.