For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Hey, Byron’s back. Yay!
- But Gallagher’s out. Sounds about right.
- This is Price’s 51st start this season. The most of any goalie in the NHL. One day we’ll get you some help, Carey. One day.
- Welcome back, Byron! Thanks to your sneaky puck stealing, Thompson gets us on the board first.
- If it’s possible to draw a penalty in style, Armia just did it with the help of Suzuki’s sweet passing.
- Petry with a blast on the power play to make it 2-0!
- Less than two minutes in and Fabbri gets Detroit on the board. This feels familiar.
- On a happier note, the Leafs are getting their butts handed to them by Pittsburgh.
- Halfway through and the Habs are still double Detroit in shots. They’re double Detroit in the score too but a little extra bump there would be nice.
- Mete blocks a shot and hobbles off the ice after taking the puck off the inside of his foot. Seriously, can we get through one game without someone getting injured?
- Off to the power play we go thanks to a trip on Domi. Good time to get that two-goal lead back, boys.
- Weal with a no-look pass sets up Suzuki’s snipe! I knew another power-play goal was a good idea.
- Two-for-two on the power play. Mind blown.
- Soooo...no Mete on the bench.
- Betcha thought you had that one in the bag didn’t you, Larkin? Yes, that was a wide open net. And yes, Price still stopped you.
- Well, Athanasiou, I guess you just made up for Larkin’s shortcomings. Showoff.
- The Habs are really working to get that two-goal lead back. I mean, I’m ok with a one-goal lead. I’m not greedy.
- Tied. At. Three. Are you freaking kidding me?
- Excuse me while I go see what Chris Evans and his dog are up to on Twitter.
- Now we’re taking penalties? As if they need any extra help with their comeback.
- Like I said...
- Three Detroit goals, five minutes apart and that’s that.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Worth looking into
2) The best approach
1) I think it would actually be a four-game series