For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- So, after taking warm-ups, we find Drouin is out with a lower-body injury. Injured during warm-ups. That’s where we are now.
- Armia opens the scoring two minutes in by tapping in a rebound!
- Good start. Let’s keep it going. Provoke some Bishop drama tonight.
- Gallagher does a slow spin o’ rama that doesn’t really pan out and ends up with three Dallas players on top of him.
- And now Gally is heading down the tunnel after twisting his knee. Please no.
- The Habs are piling on the pressure for the first half of the period with shots 8-2.
- Now Domi heads to the bench after taking a puck to the hand.
- For god sake, nobody even sneeze near the Habs tonight.
- Price gets knocked off his feet when Heiskanen loses an edge and slides into him. Sure, it was an accident and he checked in to see if Price was ok. But, never. Do. That. Again.
- Gallagher blocks a shot and goes down. Gally, you’re really testing my heart tonight.
- Weal makes it 2-0! Turns out he’s a good replacement for Drouin.
- Hey, Bishop...did you know that Cousins can score? Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that 3-0 for us now?
- A turnover by Scandella and a wide open net gets Dallas on the board.
- Chiarot almost gets the goal back seconds later if only the shot had a little more zip on it.
- But instead, he takes a slashing penalty.
- Luckily, Dallas isn’t looking so great on the power play. So, yay.
- Armia decides to give them another shot, and Seguin closes the gap even more.
- The Stars are kicking it into another gear and looking to tie this up.
- Let’s hope the Habs have another gear and can keep the lead.
- The best way to do that is to head towards Bishop.
- Weal has moved from the fourth line to the second line.
- Price shoots the puck around the boards and it doesn’t get picked up by anyone...except Comeau who ties it up.
- Domi goes sliding into the boards and gets up trying to start a fight. Because that’s what we need tied at three with 4:45 left.
- Two minutes left and the Habs start putting on the pressure. Oh, so now you want to win.
- Armia gets knocked down but no penalty. I can see where this is going.
- Tatar so close! But stays on the puck to keep the play going.
- Seguin’s the first to find the back of the net.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) He only has one speed
2) Inflation will get you every time
1) Just two up on Buffalo now