For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- We’re four minutes in and Price has already stopped five shots. You do realize the Bruins also have a goalie, hey fellas?
- Ouellet falls on top of Price. Oh dear. This could get messy. Or should I say, messier.
- And there ya go. Bruins are on the board. Didn’t see that coming.
- I could say that was a good play by Marchand. But I won’t.
- Cousins rings one off the post. Guess that Boston goal helped them focus.
- Habs attempt to catch up with the Bruins by throwing an extra man on the ice. Who knew the refs could count?
- Finally, Rask is feeling a bit of pressure. If we’re lucky, maybe we’ll be treated to a good ol’ fashioned Tuukka Tantrum.
- After a few spears, taps and jabs, Petry takes on Marchand (barely) at center ice. That’s taking your defence duties seriously.
- And Marchand got the extra two so we’re on the power play. Well done, Petry.
- Petry waits waaay to long and tries to pass to Tatar where,,,
- Pastrnak steals it and leaves everyone in his dust to fly down the ice and make it 2-0
- This time it’s Suzuki who steals from Chara makes it a one-goal game 36 seconds later!
- Gallagher gets underneath Chara’s skin and he pretty much crosschecks Gally in the face. But the Gally Grin stood strong as they both head to the penalty box. Both? Come on, refs.
- I mean, it could be an even penalty. You be the judge
These are the same penalty apparently pic.twitter.com/m47Gcpr1nZ— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) February 13, 2020
- More pushing and shoving sends Wagner and Drouin to the box for roughing.
- And just to make it even more interesting, Armia also takes a roughing penalty to make it 4-on-3 giving...
- Pasternak a hat trick. A freaking hat trick.
- McAvoy gets a delay of game penalty for shooting the puck over the glass. Dragging this out is just cruel, Charlie.
- Oh, Gallagher. Just because you got a stick to the face, doesn’t mean you can do it to someone else.
- I mean, Moore deserved it after punching you in the back of the head while you were down on the ice, but that’s not considered a penalty.
- Price still has hope. So, there’s that.
- Gallagher and Chara go nose-to-nose again. Well, nose to collarbone.
- And Bergeron gets the empty-netter. I don’t think there was a need for that.
- Price’s play and Gallagher’s fight does not a victory make.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) What would we do without Garry Galley’s commentary?
2) Just about three hours of thrilling hockey to be precise
1) He knew what He was doing