For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
I have a horrible head cold, and haven't watched a Habs game in a really long time, but I just happen to get a game with Mike Johnson on broadcasting. I win. (To put it into perspective, the last time I watched a game, Montreal was in a playoff spot.)
- Three wins in their last 20 something games? Oh dear. They're gonna win now, aren't they.
- Gulp. That was not great.
- That shot from Cousins was though.
- I knew Detroit wasn't good. I did not realize they were THAT bad.
- I hate it when fans yell "shooooot”, but Kovy should probably have shot.
- Oh Dutch. Why.
- Danault and the killers being much better than the Detroit power play.
- OH Cousins, what was that?
- BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. PRINCE ARTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIII.
- Well, at least Montreal has this. Their special teams are better than Detroit's.
- That pass from Kovalchuk was pretty mint.
- Oh lord, shots are 12-6 for Detroit.
- ...really??? THAT'S a penalty these days??
- Ok Lehk. Do it again.
- 4-20-3 when allowing the first goal?? Oh dear...
- Kovalchuk looking good.
- So's Lindgren for that matter.
- Things they are and aren't calling this game on both sides is stupid.
- Turns out that you can't punch people in the face, lolol.
- OY, do not do that to Lehk!
- They actually SCORED five-on-three! Amazing! And they made it look SO easy too.
- Good to see the shots starting to even up just a little bit!
- Weber on the...breakaway????
- Well. It's been a while since they called one of those. Cousins is not having a good night.
- Aahahaha. Calling the Julien bench shot.
- Ah, damn it. And of course it was the Dane.
- Kovy, Domi, and Suzuki? I like. That was a good shift.
- WHY DOES THE UNIVERSE HATE LEHK.
- Please do not crush the kids...
- Oh Tuna.
- Jeff Petry sees your fancy stick work, and says nahhhh.
- Oh no.
- This power play is much less good.
- Oh. My. Goodness. That pass. That WEIRD finish. Mete's offense against Detroit continues!
- That was a lousy power play, but the most recent shift from Mete and company was awfully pretty.
- The Dane again?? Why you gotta do this to me, Frans? (Also really??? Habs???)
- At least shots are the more respectable 27-24.
- Please don't go to OT. I am sick. I don't want this to be long drawn out.
- On the other hand, also please don't lose. So, you've got five minutes.
- Which means you may want to stop playing in your own zone.
- Oh god, Kotka.
- I mean, guess I get to go to bed?
- Empty net...
- Thank you Dad. And by Dad, I obviously mean Shea.
- More sighs.
- Habs lose 4-3.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Very considerate
2) Nice to give the Detroit fans something to cheer about
1) Not quite so far from 31st overall now!