For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Hey, look. Price is in net. It’s not like he needs a break or anything.
- Thirty seconds in and already chances at both ends. This could get interesting.
- Kovalchuk is taking Gallagher’s spot in the lineup. Those are pretty big skates to fill. Show us what ya got, dude.
- Suzuki runs into Poolman and is a little slow to get up. He looks ok. Sorta.
- Oh no. He’s gone to the dressing room. Oh no, no, no, no...
- I don’t know if anyone has ever mentioned this before, but that Lehky fellow is pretty good.
- Danault heads to the box for tripping and lets the Jets, who are 100% on the power-play in their last 13 games, go on the man advantage.
- But the interference on Danault isn’t called. Only fair.
- Shots are even and everyone seems to be playing it pretty safe. For now.
- Suzuki is back on the bench! Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you
- A pile of bodies in front of Price and Josh Morrissey gets one through to open the scoring.
- We’re off to the power play and the Jets have the worst penalty kill in the league. If we can’t tie it up let’s just call it a night.
- Five seconds left in the power play and Ehlers gets a shorty. That’s it. Pack it up.
- A one-timer attempt by Suzuki bounces off Lehkonen and then the crossbar. We’re getting closer.
- And there it is! Chiarot rips one past Hellebuyck and we’ve got ourselves a game. Nothing like playing your former team as motivation to find the back of the net.
- Massive save by Price while facing a two-on-one!
- However, he looks a little annoyed that it happened in the first place. Join the club, Price. Join the club.
- Laine nails Scheifele with a slapshot. They’re taking themselves out! We might have a chance yet.
- Chiarot is really starting to grow on me. I mean, he calls Price Larry so he can’t be all bad.
- Kovalchuk has three shots on goal so far. You know what would make it a great debut...
- Determined to get that goal, Kovalchuk speeds to the net, breaks his stick in half, and crashes into the net. Not a goal, but lovin’ the spirit Ilya.
- And a turnover by Fleury gives the Jets a two-goal lead again. It looked like Price had it safe in his arm, but nope. It was behind him.
- A wicked wrister makes it two for Chiarot! Yep, I officially like this guy. And Kovalchuk picks up an assist. So, double yay.
- Three minutes left and we’re heading to the power play. Get ‘er done fellas.
- I want Gallagher back. And Drouin. And Armia. And Byron.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) I was saying Boo-arot
2) All the highlights of the game in one gif
1) Some things never change