- Coming off four straight losses, the Habs desperately need two points tonight
- Gallagher is out with a concussion so once again the young guns are being called upon to put up the fight
- Looks like we will have to wait until Monday for Kovy’s debut
- A quick paced first period so far but not many shots getting through
- Canadiens get on the board first - Suzuki capitalizes on a loose puck and Domi makes a gorgeous pass to Lehkonen who buries it for his 8th of the season
- Unfortunately this one is short lived as Aston-Reese gets Pittsburgh a notch
- Weber is shoved into Murray by Blandisi and a little scrum ensues but if you think you are going to move Man Mountain twice in one go, you’re crazy
- Matching penalties for Weber and Blandisi because Weber is strong and hurt Blandisi’s feelings
- Petterson makes a defensive play that Domi doesn’t like and Max goes ballistic on him - gets called for cross-checking AND fighting...so there’s that
- Letang called for tripping on Lehkonen - you get a penalty and you get a penalty!
- Weber called for slashing as McCann comes in on Price but the period comes to an end and we are tied at one
Mad Max with a little “how are ya?!” with a good looking finish from Arty Lehkonen.— Mike (@mikebrucePT) January 5, 2020
That’s the Habs drawing first blood. A rare sight and maybe a good sign... #GoHabsGo : @HeresYourReplay pic.twitter.com/lhIu7QwbMz
- Two quick shorthanded shots on goal to start the second period but the Habs can’t make them count
- Lehkonen with the steal and his second goal of the game! Let’s get that hatty, Lehky!
- Price with a huge save - he is locked in tonight
- Scandella gets his first penalty as a Hab - congratulations on this momentous occasion!
- Domi picks off another pass but Murray stands tall
- Habs back to the power play as Johnson is called for hi-sticking but can’t make anything of the man advantage
- Habs are up 2-1 after 40
- A quick first five minutes with chances on both ends
- Thompson can’t quite beat him to the puck and Rust knocks one past Price - tie game
- How about the Suzuki kid eh
- Thompson throws a nice pass to Lehkonen who has a heck of a chance on the backhand but Murray denies the hatty
- Fleury makes a sliding block on a 3-on-1
- Quite the pile in front of Price as Rust and Weber collide sending Price over the goal line - play is under review but...there’s no way that counts
- After reviewing the play, Rust quite literally punches the puck over the goal line so gtf outta here - no goal
- Lehkonen setting up shop right in front of Murray but fans on the shot
- Youth just having a heck of a night which is great to see - Poehling and Suzuki quietly making the right plays
- Huge play by Weber and this one is heading to OT
- Tanev scores but the play is under review...
- Goal stands. Pens win.
Brandon Tanev OT Winner— Here's Your Replay ⬇️ (@HeresYourReplay) January 5, 2020
3-2 PIT pic.twitter.com/Y8fy0HcNrG
EOTP 3 Stars
3) That’s one dapper Finn
2) He came in like a wrecking ball
1) Let them fly