For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
I will never be over the Lars Eller trade. That is all.
I lied. We have Mike Johnson. I win.
- PETRY SCORES. I DOUBLE WIN. Oooh and it was pretty too!
- Please don't run over our Finn.
- Montreal looking pretttty good tonight.
- Larry doing Larry things. Alas, Mete is headed to the box.
- Oh lord. Maybe don't let Nicklas Backstrom in ALL BY HIMSELF LIKE THAT.
- That was a great breakout.
- Oh geez. Kuznetsov is kinda good. Also... that was a penalty? Oookayyy...
- At least Carey Price is awake.
- Sorry Carey, I jinxed it.
- That was a great response from Montreal to end the period!
- Oh Phil. That's gonna end well.
- OH no. Oh Jeff. sob
- Hahaha Tom Wilson doing Tom Wilson things. Good going, Nick!
- Petry looking for his second of the game... or third more weeping
- That was a pretty good power play though. You know minus the complete lack of shots.
- Oh geez. Montreal, stop running into your own guys.
- That Kotkaniemi, Cousins, etc shift was terrific.
- The killer Ks looking good on that shift.
- Oh man, Eller with the perfect pass to a player who whiffs. That seems awfully familiar.
- CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY CAREY
- If only Montreal could hit the net...
- What a turn of speed from Domi.
- The Caps have broken a LOT of sticks in this game.
- Ah yes. Give Larry all the love.
- Oh lord. Why does the universe hate Montreal.
- Definitely think it's the right call, since it's not conclusive, but ARG.
- OH MY DUTCH.
- Scandella with a bad shift.
- Petry and Armia with a good one.
- Please stop turning the puck over in your own zone.
- I don't know whether to cheer for an Eller goal, or hope that Montreal makes a real game of it...
- Ok, ok. Let's not create might-have-been disasters. The Habs are plenty good at generating those on their own.
- Lars Eller is gonna score an empty netter, isn't he.
- Eller, Backstrom, whomever.
- Habs fall 4-2.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) He’s been playing very well since his injury
2) Been a while since we’ve seen that name
1) Well Washington appreciated their help anyway