Alright I don’t think I’ll make a trade before this game ends, but no promises.
- Oh that was a good start. So glad I didn’t tune in 42 seconds late.
- In all seriousness, when you can’t tell which of two opposition sticks tipped the puck there’s not much you can expect the goaltender to do.
- Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Ryan Poehling combine and then Cale Fleury with chances and then Lukas Vejdemo comes really close to his first NHL goal. I’ll take it.
- Have to be happy with Montreal’s response after the Lightning goal.
- Jeff Petry calls the Lightning seeing-eye shot with one of his own. 1-1 game.
- Phillip Danault and Tomas Tatar don’t need Brendan Gallagher for that scoring chance.
- Good players make you pay for mistakes. 2-1 Tampa.
- Vejdemo looks very comfortable in his second NHL game.
- Artturi Lehkonen’s luck transfers to passes he makes too, it appears. Although that was a really nice save on Max Domi.
Andrei Vasilevskiy is an elastic marvel. pic.twitter.com/YKsj3rJuK1— InGoal Magazine (@InGoalMedia) January 3, 2020
- Dale Weise fights Pat Maroon. Weise Lightning, Go Weise Lightning.
- Nick Suzuki is so much fun to watch with the puck. Perfect combination of skill and smart.
- Jesperi Kotkaniemi looks like a different player since coming back from his injury. Nice smart play to get the puck to Jordan Weal.
- Lukas Vejdemo continues to look really good. Much more comfortable and Claude Julien will start to trust him more.
- Another great shift for the Kotkaniemi line. Not sure Poehling will leave his left wing anytime soon.
- Montreal is playing a great second period. It would be nice to get something to show for it.
- Bad news: Nothing to show for that period. Good news: No goals allowed that period.
- A quick start to the period. Two first shifts with a chance.
- Andrei Vasilevskiy and Victor Hedman are OK.
- A third shift with a chance.
- A post for the Lightning. That was close.
- Not sure what the Canadiens could be doing better except... you know... scoring.
- Ben Chiarot and Victor Hedman head to the box? I’ll take that trade.
- Shea Weber showing some wheels...
- I really wanted a Weber penalty shot.
- That power play was... not effective.
- Some fun zone time with the goaltender pulled but they couldn’t find a second goal. Hard to win games when you only score once.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) A quality play-by-play duo
2) Lots of good performances from the young guys, so that’s good
1) Goals are so overrated