For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- I just went through Newfoundland Snowmageddon. I deserve a win.
- Petry blocks a shot and heads to the bench to check his hand. No. Please no.
- Cousins waits until Fleury can stretch no further before sliding the puck past him to open the scoring!
- Weise picks up the assist. Whoever saw these two being the ones to kick off the scoring, raise your hand. Bueller?
- Oh, good. Petry is back. Bullet dodged.
- Tatar brings the puck in and fumbles the puck. But, no worries, Danault slams it back towards the net and Kovalchuk cleans it up to make it 2-0!
- That’s Kovy’s eighth point. He’s played eight games. I’d like to keep him, please.
- You know what’s fun? Watching Price stop Pacioretty’s shots.
- And we’re 3-0 thanks to Armia! Everybody’s all in tonight.
- This time it’s Poehling who blocks a shot and hobbles to the room. Oh, boy.
- He’s back! The hockey gods are with us tonight.
- Marchessault gets Vegas on the board halfway through.
- Fun fact: that’s the third goal Price has allowed in the last 126 shots he faced.
- Domi scoops up the puck and goes on a mini breakaway but gets a little too cutesy.
- Bodies are scrambling in front of Price, he makes two saves but can’t locate the puck a third time and Stastny gets it past him.
- Hang on. Let me just check...* looks back at first period *...yep, the Habs were up 3-0.
- Habs owned the first. Vegas the second. So, it’s only fair that it’s our turn again. Right?
- Nice little play there by, well...everyone, but nothing to show for it.
- A close call by Suzuki but a Knight tugging on his sweater prevents him from making anything of it.
- Price with a “let’s keep this lead” save after puck goes off Armia’s stick.
- Two-on-one with Poehling and Lehkonen and as exciting as that is...still nadda.
- Weise and Cousins with a two-on-one and this time we have something to show for it! Cousins gets his second of the night to double the lead.
- You know what’s not fun? When Pacioretty scores with two minutes left in the game.
- You know what’s REALLY not fun? When Vegas ties it up with 7.5 seconds left.
- An offside challenge...doesn’t help us.
- The Habs are really fighting for these two points. I mean, they already had the two points...
- Stastny stops to pick up his teeth up off the ice after Armia gets him in the mouth with a puck.
- I told you they really wanted these two points.
- Someone check my blood pressure! This period is insane!
- Habs = 2 Vegas = 1
EOTP 3 Stars
3) What about shootout Cousins?
2) He’s just doing his thing out there
1) They refuse to sever that final thread