For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- We have two wins in a row. We’re getting a third tonight. I can feel it. Or it could just be gas.
- Alright! Lindgren is in net. Time to shine, Charlie.
- Crawford wipes out behind his net. All by himself. Oh, this could be a very good night.
- Lindgren goes on a little behind-the-net adventure and it totally backfires. Hesitation + miscommunication = Zack Smith gets a shorthanded goal.
- Another tip and Zack Smith gets goal number two. The Zack Smith that has nine points this season.
- Charlie! Stay. In. Your. Net.
- Kovalchuk gets chippy and a scrum ensues. He’s taking filling Gallagher’s shoes on the top line seriously.
- Well, we finally started to pick up the pace in the last few minutes to get some shots going.
- Danault finds the back of the next not even a minute in! Way to build on momentum.
- And Kovalchuk picks up the apple thanks to his beautiful behind-the-back pass. You may keep Gally’s spot while he’s away.
- Off to the power-play we go thanks to Kovalchuk getting a high stick in the face.
- Not sure what the actual “plan” is for this power play. Just randomly skate around to confuse the opposing team?
- Then Domi immediately serves the power play back to Chicago. This isn’t badminton, Max.
- During the scuffle, Lindgren loses his stick and blocker. And possibly tweaked his leg. Yes, I see how the Hawks managed to regain a two-goal lead.
- Domi’s really paying for that penalty. He’s benched for the rest of the period.
- Domi’s allowed back on the ice. Time to get back in the bench boss’s good graces.
- Sure, we still have half the third period to make a comeback. But the majority of you are still acting like you didn’t realize there was a game tonight.
- Too many men penalty? Point proven.
- Annnnd, seconds into the power play Toews makes it 4-1.
- Lindgren and Weber instantly start freaking out so play is being reviewed for kicking the puck across the goal line.
- Oh, wow. It was actually called back. Where are those decisions when we’re actually playing well?
- Caggiula makes it 4-1 (again) and there’s no way that one’s being called back. Right, Weal and Weber?
- I guess it was gas after all.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) He’s providing us with some entertainment on these down days
2) Just didn’t have it
1) And we’re rolling once again